PDA

View Full Version : Idles up and down

reddragnn
11-18-2003, 11:11 AM
I have this problem with the car idling going up and down while parked at a stop light, or complete stop. Also while driving down the road when you let go of the gas it does the same thing, revs up and down. Any ideas. And not pushing any SES lights.

thanks

Fishboy55
11-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a dirty throttle body. Clean it thoroughly and you should be OK. Also check and make sure your air filter is clean if you're still running stock.

reddragnn
11-18-2003, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the reply, but i do have a new TB on there, and i changed the air filter, oil, and coolant. Could it be a vacuum? I'm new to the mitsu seen, familar with honda's but new to galant's.
thanks

Fishboy55
11-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the reply, but i do have a new TB on there, and i changed the air filter, oil, and coolant. Could it be a vacuum? I'm new to the mitsu seen, familar with honda's but new to galant's.
thanks Did the problem start after the new TB install? Could be vacuum. Could also be the throttle position sensor. Did you set it with a voltmeter when you swapped TB's?

reddragnn
11-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Actually my intake manifold broke where the TB connects, so i replaced the whole intake manifold and it came complete. It was fine for a week after i put it on and the problem just started. Also the oil light, flashes when this is happening, don't know if its another problem at same time or connected together.
thanks

11-18-2003, 01:21 PM
thanks
we own the honda knowledge on this site...

Check your IAC. vacuum hoses, and FIT valve, if you have one.

Fishboy55
11-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Actually my intake manifold broke where the TB connects, so i replaced the whole intake manifold and it came complete. It was fine for a week after i put it on and the problem just started. Also the oil light, flashes when this is happening, don't know if its another problem at same time or connected together.
thanks
The oilight is probably a bad sender. We've seen that happen a few times before and is probably unrelated. Since you replaced the whole plenum with the TB attached, I'd almost bet you have a problem with the TPS. Manybrews is our resident expert and might be able to pinpoint your problem if you give him the details