PDA

View Full Version : has anyone finally made the indiglo gauges for a 02???

2k2mitsu
09-17-2002, 11:31 AM
ive been waiting forever..has anyone ever made them yet? no one carries them right? does anyone know how to make em for me? ill pay good $$$..thanks brian

VTGalantGTZ
09-17-2002, 11:44 AM
Technically they aren't made specifically for the '02, but any of the indiglo/reverse indiglo gauges made for the 99-01 Galant should fit the '02's. The only thing is that you need to buy the 99-01 gauge bezel, which ours doesn't come with. It's @$36 from www.oem-car-parts.com.

I've done this mod on my '02 and so have a few others.

Gizmo
09-17-2002, 05:43 PM
Everything VTGalant said is true , just get the gauge bezel for the 2001 Galant and put it on yours its real easy. I got the Reverse Indiglo gauges that GDI had a while ago don't know if they still have since they closed shop.

Here is how they look.
http://www.liquid2k.com/gizmo4me//tn_gauges.jpg

Just one thing BE CAREFUL WHEN PUTTING THE GAUGES ON, I FUCKED UP MY GAS GAUGE. JUST BE GENTLE WITH IT.

Good luck.

Fishboy55
09-17-2002, 06:49 PM
Giz,

You sure you fucked up the gauge or just its setting? The gas gauge is on a dampening solenoid. Bes thing to do is to move it all the way to E and fill up with gas. The gauge should readjust itself in a couple days, unless you pulled off the needle or damaged the solenoid.

Chip

Gizmo
09-17-2002, 07:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Giz,

You sure you fucked up the gauge or just its setting? The gas gauge is on a dampening solenoid. Bes thing to do is to move it all the way to E and fill up with gas. The gauge should readjust itself in a couple days, unless you pulled off the needle or damaged the solenoid.

Chip</div>

When I fill the tank up the needle goes up to about 1/4 tank and thats it. I never pulled off the needle, i have filled up the tank and manually move the needle to full but it just drops down to the 1/4 tank marker. Haven't tried moving it to E then filling it up guess I'll try that method. Thanks for the tip.

RedGalant2k1
09-17-2002, 11:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2k2mitsu)</div><div class='quotemain'>ive been waiting forever..has anyone ever made them yet? no one carries them right? does anyone know how to make em for me? ill pay good $$$..thanks brian</div>

You actually have two options:

1) The 99-01 Stock Gauge Bezel

or

2) The Brushed Aluminum Gauge Bezel from www.Speedhut.com (Its only $20)

Here is a picture:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid32/p9d884445ef2492c6e411ffaf9df3fd32/fd433647.jpg

Thanks to Chip for the pic!

pinoyesv6
09-18-2002, 12:00 AM
speaking of speedhut, if enough of u 02 and 03 owners get together, u guys can get some indiglow guages made for your cars...thats even without the bexel cuz i know some of u guys might not want a new bezel

o yea 1 more thing. this a good tip for all the 8g owners but more specifically the 2k2+ owners w/a bezel. stick some white paper on the oem gauges where the turn signal and the CES lights etc are. uhm yea its gonna dim the lights a lil bit but, how often does ur CES light go on etc. and if it does go on, you'll see the color. just makes things match a lil bit more

TJC
09-18-2002, 01:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>...o yea 1 more thing. this a good tip for all the 8g owners but more specifically the 2k2+ owners w/a bezel. stick some white paper on the oem gauges where the turn signal and the CES lights etc are. uhm yea its gonna dim the lights a lil bit but, how often does ur CES light go on etc. and if it does go on, you'll see the color. just makes things match a lil bit more</div>

good idea. I think I'll try to find some semi-transparent white plastic like onion skin effect.