PDA

View Full Version : suspension???

jroc1012
11-18-2003, 11:30 AM
whats the better brand for a 7g and where can i find these parts? looking for struts coilovers....any and all suspension parts. trying to stay away from more than a 2" drop.( Arlington streets suck ass)

peanotation
11-18-2003, 11:35 AM
ha, you're in the same boat that i was/still am in. the roads out here require a humvee or F-150 to get around on. my first suspension set up was coilovers on KYB-AGX struts, best handling it will ever be, nice and low, handles like a dream, but bounces you to death on the highway. i bought eibach Pro kit springs and they will be installed next friday. Maz has the pro kit on KYB GR2s, and he said the ride is hella nice, so i have high hopes for the pro kit on my AGXs. i heard the springs are just as stiff as coilovers, but don't bounce you to death and give you a nice nice ride. i heard nothing but goodness from the pro kit.

the sport lines from eibach will give you a lower drop, which you said you're not looking for, but lower means better handling (to an extent) but also sacrifices ride quality. just make sure you get some AGXs or GR2s with w/e setup you do, just dont get new struts for coilovers, didn't make a difference on mine. just as bouncy with the old struts.

jroc1012
11-18-2003, 11:51 AM
so where do i find these parts and do you have the price range? what was the total drop on your 7g

brandon
11-20-2003, 07:35 AM
Go with Eibach Pro-kit and KYB GR2s.

Eibachs you can usually find on ebay for like $200, maybe less.

The KYBs you can get from tirerack.com for cheap.