PDA

View Full Version : Dynomax catback system

stratusfied02
11-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Hi there, I am new to your boards and have come over from 2G Stratus with some very good news.
We have been working with Dynomax since November of last year to develop a high quality catback for the 2G stratus coupes. Dynomax has a system available for the 3g Eclipse but it would take some minor modifications to make it fit our cars exactly so we went to them to build a system since Borla is the only company to offer a complete catback and it is very overpriced. Well dynomax has been working with us and what we've discovered is that not only will the system fit the Stratus & Sebring coupes it will also fit the Galants as a direct bolt on with no modifications.
The system has gone through the R&D process as well as prototyping and extensive testing,all that remains is an actual production date. We were pushed back from the fall release due to a stronger demand for the new Accord,RX8,350Z,and the Tiburon GT. What we need to get this into production for a spring release is ANYONE interested in a high quality bolt-on catback to drop Dynomax an e-mail and let them know that you do want it. You can click here to get to the site
www.dynomax.com ('http://www.dynomax.com')
Go to the "contact us "link and please write them a nice professional e-mail stating your interest in the "Stratus,Sebring,Galant Catback system.
Since I know you will have some performance questions I do have some answers for you.
1. What are the performance gains? : Testing of the system revealed between a 10-13 HP gain at the wheels. Not bad for an exhaust system.
2. How does it sound? : Though i don't have a soundclip readily available I can tell you from personal experience (I have the 1st prototype) It has a nice deep medium tone, It is not "Ricey" sounding or sound like bees in a coffe can.
3. How easy to install? : Took me 15 minutes to bolt the whole system up. It is perfect fit to the existing exhaust.
4. How much? : though undetermined at this time of exact cost, the estimate given for the 1st groupbuy will be between $350- 375 complete. Thats about $225 less than the Borla and I assure you the quality is much better. Dynomax is part of Walker exhaust,the #1 manufacturer of exhaust in the world.
5. Construction?: Made of stainless steel,mandrel bent,The tip & muffler are highly polished and look awesome.
If there are any questions I may have missed I will answer them here.
We really need your help to get this done. Last time we did an e-mail blitz only 16 people responded,thus why the system was put on the back burner. Like I said, it's done, just waiting for an actual production and release date but we need to show serious support for this.
Thanks everyone in advance for your support and I will keep you posted.

Fast99ES
11-19-2003, 12:39 PM
Nice info man,thanx a lot! Quick question tho,what size piping is gonna be offered on this cat-back? I have a 99es 2.4 4cyl. so 2.5 piping would be nice because I plan on goin F/I by next year...

bam462
11-19-2003, 11:23 PM
got a dyno for that 10 to 13 whp if so im on board

mjc1055
11-19-2003, 11:28 PM
is the muffler going to be straight-through, or a canister?

Fishboy55
11-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Same system for the V6 and the I-4 I assume. I have the dynomax ultra flow muffler and I'm very pleased, but I also want to know the specs on the muffler associated with the proposed cat back system.

pinoyesv6
11-20-2003, 12:12 PM
question before i send out my email. to help this happen. should i say i want it for the galant, the sebring, and stratus, just asking because i kinda want this to happen but i don't want them pushing it back more cuz they got like 20 emails for the stratus, 10 for the sebring and like another 20 for the galant and then they say they wanted like 40 emails or something to see a demmand but didn't see it cuz we listed different cars.

Ronstopable321
11-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Now will any Exhaust for the Stratus/Sebring fit on a Galant?

stratusfied02
11-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Wow ,lots of great questions I will try to answer,but first an update,My contact at Dynomax called me today, Said the newest response was great,There have been over 18 e-mails sent today. Thats good,(not good enough,but good)Those e-mails have all been forwarded to Neil in marketing so we are on the right track. Now to answer some of those questions.
They are aware that the system fits all 3 vehicles but it wouldn't hurt to remind them,so I would say when sending it list as the system for the Galant/Stratus/Sebring.
yes the system will fit the 4 as well as the 6cyl.
The piping on my prototype is 2.5" and it is a straight through type muffler,looks just like the stock one only highly polished and about 3" shorter,but more piping,and all the hangers are in the proper place, the one hanger we have at the rear of the muffler is now on the tailpipe but lines up perfectly with the rubber hanger on the underbody.
As far as the dyno sheets go, I do not have copies of the actual Stratus system,but at dynomax's website they do have one posted for the 3g eclipse which is very similiar to our system,except thier intermediate pipe is 3.85" shorter and the eclipse muffler tailpipe is off center while ours is centered.
There are also some sound clips of the different mufflers on thier site but they do not have the eclipse one or our prototype either yet.
And to the member that has an ultraflowSS muffler,you have a very close preview of what we will have when its done. t is my understanding that the Ultraflow SS system is what we'll be getting though there is a possibility of it being the new DNX line.
Lastly, I will try to get a picture of mine posted here soon so you can all have a visual of what it looks like.
In the meantime keep those e-mails going. Thanks again.

Fishboy55
11-21-2003, 05:53 AM
Stratusfield, Thanks for the update.

If anybody was sitting on the fence about this, If the system includes the dynomax proflow muffler, you will be pleased with the sound and the performance. And for you guys in VA, the proflow looks just like a stock muffler, so no worries about visuals. It's deep and throaty, but more on the quiet side than most aftermarket mufflers.

RedGalant2k1
11-21-2003, 08:28 AM
Wow, could this be a company based in Michigan? If so, they need a tester I'm down.

Interested too https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

stratusfied02
12-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Hey everyone I sort of have an update on our progress,to date over 120 e-mails have been sent to Dynomax since this campaign has begun, they are now all beeing forwarded directly to marketing. This is great news,but we cant stop here,keep those mails coming the more we send the better our chances are of getting this done.
For those that would like to see what the prototype looks like on a car,follow this link.
http://www.misspentyouth.net/gallery/Dynomax ('http://www.misspentyouth.net/gallery/Dynomax')
Remember that this is just a prototype of the muffler assymbly only,I do not yet have the intermediate pipe,also the tip you will see is not what will come with the system,it came without one and I just used something I had in the garage for now, I believe the production tip will be a 3" round slant cut DNX tip. There is one on the way and once I get it on I will post pics so you can see that.
I'll keep you all posted as information comes in,and thanks again for all the support you have shown.

BlankMan
12-03-2003, 11:22 PM
I'm interested if there's any updates to this? With the recent addition of my RIPP headers and SDS, I really need to loose the stock cat-back...

J

stratusfied02
12-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey all. I've got an update,and it's great news.
I got a call from Dynomax and was told "due to the overwhelming responses we have seen concerning this product,we have decided to begin production for our spring catalog."
WE ARE A GO!!!
And I thank you all for the support. I must say I was very impressed with the turnout recieved from the Galant club. Great job people.
Here's some of the critical info that I do have so I don't get hit with a lot of questions.
As for a street release date,it will debut at the "Spring Break Nationals/Tuner Jam in Daytona Beach in march. I do not have the exact dates yet but I will post them when I do.
Pricing is not yet been determined because production has not yet begun. Production will start in late January and it should be cataloged by mid February,Pricing should be released by then and as soon as I have it I will post that as well. I also know that there will be a debut "Group Buy" when it is released and I will give more info on that as I recieve it.
Lastlyand most important, I do not have specific production numbers for the first run but it is my understanding that they will at least produce the amount of product that they have recieved e-mails for. basically we created a waiting list. I would strongly reccomend to anyone who seriously wants one of these right away to send them the e-mail anyway, it's basically insurance to make sure you get one on the first production run.
hope that answers most of the questions. like I said I will keep posting info as I recieve it.
And thanks again to all the club members who participated in this,you all helped make it happen and I've got much respect for you all.
thanks again,
Peace
Stratusfied 02

Fishboy55
12-05-2003, 10:24 AM
Great news stratusphere. I'm all over this like white on rice and have been since your first email. Keep us posted on any developments, and thanks!!!

BlankMan
12-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Great news stratusphere. I'm all over this like white on rice and have been since your first email. Keep us posted on any developments, and thanks!!!

I second that - Great work. I'm 2nd in line when this goes on sale...

J

RedGalant2k1
12-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Sounds good!

Danger DANJ
12-28-2003, 01:48 PM
This sounds like a great product, but in the pics that were posted, it looks like an axle-back exhaust and not a cat-back.

titanium02
12-31-2003, 11:46 AM
Hey stratusfied02, any progress on this stuff?

oscar the boxer
01-08-2004, 10:48 PM
What about headers? I have been looking for a set of headers for some time now and have come up empty. Any tips are appreciated.

mjc1055
01-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Ripp Mods has headers for the v6 now, check those out.

BlankMan
02-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey stratusfied02, any progress on this stuff?

Anything> Does stratusfied02 still come around the board?

J

Wolfman
02-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Well they atleast have a V6 Eclipse model catback done. Just gotta modify it a little bit. http://www.dynomax.com/documents/passenger.../mitsubishi.pdf ('http://www.dynomax.com/documents/passenger/mitsubishi.pdf')

mjc1055
02-25-2004, 12:27 AM
True dat, but if you're going to go to the trouble of modifying an Eclipse cat-back, might as well get something nicer than a Dynomax...

Wolfman
02-25-2004, 01:24 AM
True dat, but if you're going to go to the trouble of modifying an Eclipse cat-back, might as well get something nicer than a Dynomax... true true, greddy, injen, or borla. All nice possibilities, something to work on in the spring. :wink:

stratusfied02
03-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey everyone, Thanks to blankman for helping me find you all again. I didn't disappear, I just couldn't access the site. So heres the latest news. The system is in production and we are starting phase 1 of the group buy. So I guess I need to post in that forum as well. This forum will be for Q&A.
The first phase of the GB is so Dynomax can get an exact number of units so they will assure no back orders,also the buyers need a number for cost negotiations, the current estimated cost is $350-375. So with that said,go to the GB forum. I only have till wednesday to fax this info out,and I should have payment and shipping details by Friday of next week.
Just wanted to verify some info.
Right now is phase 1 of the GB. The list started is for those that will be purchasing between now and mid-june. Anything after that and you will be on the 2nd production run which will not ship till late October. So if you want it sooner and that tax money is burning a hole in your pocket. Get on that GB list now.
I'll check in daily to answer your questions.

stratusfied02
03-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Important update. For anyone who wanted in on this and missed the deadline. I got an extension till monday at 8am. So if you still want in,please post your name on the GB list.

BlankMan
03-14-2004, 07:08 AM
You've already got me down - but can you pass me your contact info? PM or email it to me so I can keep it touch on the status, release date, etc. Thanks!

J

stratusfied02
03-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Just thought everyone would like to know this little tidbit of important info that I don't believe I previosly posted.
Did you all know that this catback has a lifetime guarantee? In other words it wont rust through,peel apart,and the finish will stay beautiful as long as you own your car or else they'll replace it.
The other thing I found out (and this is the coolest damn thing I've ever seen from a performance parts company), They have a 30 day ride satisfaction policy. If you buy it,put it on your car , and don't like the sound,gains,look,etc.... Dynomax will buy it back from you.
Any other vendors offer that?!

ChikagoGTZ
03-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Sounds like a great deal to me.

T
03-15-2004, 05:26 PM
I've got the money ready ? When Can I get this?

xSILENTx
03-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Wouldnt it be chaeper to get a custom set up? I have a 7g but was only 300 with pipes and muffler.

BlankMan
03-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Perhaps. If you have a local shop that Mandrel bends the pipes. I, for one, do not. Add to that the 30-day money back gaurantee, distribution through Advance Auto and ease of self-installation (bolt-on) and I think this is a great deal.

J

screamoboy85
03-22-2004, 04:34 PM
When will iot be avaiable.

shuura
03-23-2004, 12:41 PM
have I missed out on this GB? Where would I sign up?

ChikagoGTZ
04-07-2004, 05:21 PM
I am acually down for 2 of these...I'll see if we can get you slated for the other one.

shuura
04-07-2004, 05:32 PM
kool. let me know...

T
04-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Anyone got any update on this deal?

stratusfied02
05-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Just got off the phone with Advance corporate. And heres the deal for the Dynomax system.
Final price is $370 shipped (except alaska,hawaii and canada these will have a slight shipping charge)
There are exactly 75 units available. those that were on the initial groupbuy list have first priority. If you were on that list you are guaranteed a system.
We have the list and your name will be checked off as your order is placed,the rest of you can place an order and if it is sold out you will be notified at the time of the order and will be placed on a back-up waiting list (which should only be a 2-4 week wait).
Heres the ordering instructions.
Credit card orders:
Call 386-322-0222 between 8-6 EST on Thu-Fri-Sat and ask for Josh. he will get all the information. Or you can call Sunday between 4-7pm est and ask for me (Jon).
If paying by check you will need to include a photocopy of your valid state ID and a 3x5 card with your name,address and telephone #
You can mail it to:
Dynomax Group buy
c/o Advance Discount Auto Parts #9186
1309 Beville Rd.
Daytona Bch, FL 32119
All orders will start shipping on June 18th, all orders must be paid 5 days prior to that date in order to ship on that date.
Those that are on the initial group buy list must have thier orders in by June 10th or your space will be given to the next buyer on the waiting list.
I know it sounds like a lot of corporate B.S. but this is the first time they are attempting something of this magnitude and we want to assure that everyone gets thier parts on time and has a satisfactory experience.
Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. I also included the list for the initial group buy so you know who was in and to give you a count of whats left.
1.Stratusfied02 (Jon) PAID
2.FastStrat (Shane)
3.02DodgeR/T PAID
4.Red Hot(Paul)
5.Otteck(Scott
6.Adrenaline_Fiend (Chris)
7.Mr. Mopar (Todd)
8.Proteus_2k2 (Kory)
9. alabamar/t
10. SBriss (Scott)
11. 02sebringlxi (Leo) PAID
12. Bhbf08 (Brian)
13. blzrfn (Dave)
14. KrihVuh (jon criv)
15. Oxyg3n (Billy)
16.1bad03rt (Matt)
17.02StratusRT
18.Wonderboy
19.Tampa RT
20.QuickDraw
21.RdNTrakDodgeMan (Jimmy)
22. IndyR/T
23. Brettims
24. CarlyleMordant
25. Atomic47
26. hminor00 (thomas)
27. phlatlander
28. sincity_R/T
29.Dodgefreek (Jennifer)
30.Terry'sBlackStrat
31.teamred525
32.slyman
33. stratusfaction23
34. jjmuc (Jason)
35.Blankman (TGC) PAID
36.RedGalant2K1(TGC)
37.Lee-Sosa (TGC)
38.T (TGC)
39.Chicago GTZ (GF)PAID
41. VeFIperformance PAID
42.DarkTanyn
43.SJCstratus
44. 03R/T
45. 02RTfun
46. RTUtopia

Remember to give your member name when ordering so we can check you off the list.
Thanks everyone.
Can you believe we finally got it done?

soadknot
05-31-2004, 09:52 AM
can people still get down on the GB or do we have to call them ourselves now cause im down

stratusfied02
06-01-2004, 09:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>can people still get down on the GB or do we have to call them ourselves now cause im down Â*
Â*
Â*
</div>
You can still order them. We will ad your name to the list, remember oce we hit 75 There wont be anymore for a few weeks.
As for ordering,just check the instructions above.

soadknot
06-02-2004, 03:06 PM
aight thatnkx man thats awsome

stratusfied02
06-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Update:
Got Josh's schedule for the upcoming week to get those orders in. (I'll be updating the paid list later.)
Remember we only have 2 more weeks to get the orders in.
heres the schedule for times to call
Sat. 8-6
Mon. 7am-9pm
Tue 7am-9pm
Wed 7am-9pm
Thursday: Nobody there. poor guy needs some time off
Friday and Saturday 7am-9pm
Sunday 6/13 last day for orders to be shipped on the 18th. You can call me (Jon) from 9am-1pm. after that I'll be at my shop doing inventory
The number to call is 386-322-0222
For those of you sending checks,give yoursel at least 3-5 days mailing time
the address again is
Dynomax Group Buy
c/o Advance Discount Auto Parts #9186
1309 Beville Rd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32119
Remember to get this GB price you will have to go through this channel. You can order from your local Advance but the cost will be slightly more and the availability will be 4-6 weeks. The first run is being drop shipped to this location only.
Thanks again everyone. 2more weeks and we'll all be reving some Dynomax power and tones.

BlankMan
06-05-2004, 07:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stratusfied02)</div><div class='quotemain'>...(I'll be updating the paid list later.)...</div>

Hey Jon - how do you know who's paid? I know when I called and ordered/paid with Dave at the store, he didn't take my screen name or board affiliation...

J

RedGalant2k1
06-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Can I place a deposit and finish full payment at a later date (Like 2-4 weeks)?

stratusfied02
06-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Hey Jon - how do you know who's paid? I know when I called and ordered/paid with Dave at the store, he didn't take my screen name or board affiliation
Got you covered. i figured it out. I got on those guys about member names and car types. I need to know for you Galant guys so I can get you the right tip.

Can I place a deposit and finish full payment at a later date (Like 2-4 weeks)?
Not sure if they can do that but call Josh and ask him. He might be able to arrange something. I believe you were on the initial list anyway,so if you had a deposit to hold your position I'd say you'll be OK. We will have 75 of these and 46 are reserved (members on the list) until the deadline. Once deadline is up,anybody not paid (or deposit) by the 15th will lose thier spot in line and will be made available to next person on waiting list.

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
06-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Anybody know when they will be shipped to us?

soadknot
06-19-2004, 12:14 PM
yea whats the deal with this. i thought they were supposed to ship out the 15th. can we get an update or something. thankx

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
06-19-2004, 02:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(soadknot)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea whats the deal with this. i thought they were supposed to ship out the 15th. Â*can we get an update or something. thankx</div>

I pm'ed stratusfield and he said like monday /tuesday they will be shipped out,and depending were u live will determine how long it will take to get to you.

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
06-24-2004, 07:25 PM
For anyone who wants to know whats going on check out the 2gstratus siteunder the topic group buys, and if your too lazy heres a lil info.

The exhausts did not pass quality control so they were sent back to be fixed so therefor it will be a lil longer for us to get our systems say the 28th or later. So i guess we are supposed to sit tight while we wait on our 370 systems that we should've already gottin. :?

ChikagoGTZ
07-25-2004, 09:36 PM
In case you missed the info on the sight, they are shipping tomorrow. At least that's what I was told, I dont think we got a longer tip for the galant like they said though...I think the tip extends to fit all the stratus bodys and the galant as well???? If it dont fit right, I'm fina kill someone.

BlankMan
07-25-2004, 10:11 PM
...they are shipping tomorrow

Yeah, we'll see - this will be -what - the 3rd ship date they gave us?

If it dont fit right, I'm fina kill someone.

Ditto. After all this wait and headache the system better have the right friggin' tip on it.

J

MitsuBoyGalant
09-29-2004, 05:22 PM
were can I order one of these catbacks.. can't find them on the internet.......

Mante
09-29-2004, 06:31 PM
were can I order one of these catbacks.. can't find them on the internet.......

Read the first post again..

click the link to visit there site then click the link "where can I buy"

RedGalant2k1
10-03-2004, 04:45 PM
I suppose I should mention I'm no longer in this buy because I don't have the Galant anymore.

ChikagoGTZ
10-05-2004, 09:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I suppose I should mention I'm no longer in this buy because I don't have the Galant anymore.</div>

Holy cow, missed the boat by about 2 months on this one buddy...lol. I dont think anyone noticed.