PDA

View Full Version : Estimate on Paint for KIT....

GaLaNtKeV99
11-19-2003, 04:23 PM
Well guys i got the estimate to get my USDM Initial V kit painted plus a GTZ spoiler.

He told everything painted, plus the material (paint, primer, clear coat, etc)

Total -----> $630.oo

What do you guys think is this decent?

O and his work is great, he certified by dealers and insurance companies. And i have seen his work its amazing.

Kalamidad
11-19-2003, 04:44 PM
you'd told us that he'd paint the entire car right? 630 sounds good. If it's only for the kit, it's a little expensive but it is your decision if his quality of work is worth the cash.

my 02

escoson
11-19-2003, 04:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>you'd told us that he'd paint the entire car right? Â*630 sounds good. Â*If it's only for the kit, it's a little expensive but it is your decision if his quality of work is worth the cash. Â*

my 02</div>

i agree https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

pinoyesv6
11-19-2003, 04:48 PM
is he just gonna prep and paint the pieces or is he doing more? like possibly molding in some of the pieces or repairing some possibly broken or damaged pieces.

to me it seems kinda high. but then if he stands by his work, uses quality products and can do all that in a timely fashion it doesn't look that steep.

GaLaNtKeV99
11-19-2003, 05:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>is he just gonna prep and paint the pieces or is he doing more? like possibly molding in some of the pieces or repairing some possibly broken or damaged pieces.

to me it seems kinda high. but then if he stands by his work, uses quality products and can do all that in a timely fashion it doesn't look that steep.</div>

Wat he is doin is prepping, and painting thats it. he estimated me at 1300 the entire car, which is pretty decent but i dont have the cash.

and he is doin it in about....lets see i drop the kit off tomorrow, he said by monday)so 3 full days. Which i think is really fast.

The 99 Galant
11-19-2003, 05:42 PM
for the kit that seems a little low actually. I had an estimate for just my roof and side panels and some of the trunk for 1600. It all depends on the amount of coats and how wel they do the blending. For the kit they would need to first prep it, paint it and then do a clear coat for you if you have that on your car. Also if they fit it they need to blend in the paint with the rest of your car's paint. Maaco charges like 650 for a whole car but they just sand one layer down and then paint it. A body shop will sand it down to the metal and paint it up from there. They will also blend in the kit with the paint. They will charge about 2000+ for an entire car. Don't go too cheap with paint because if you go cheap it might peel or they don't do a good job with the sanding and prep and then it looks terrible in a few months.

TheRealDeal
11-21-2003, 11:45 AM
That sounds good.<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>[/size][size=24]</span>

ChromeGalant
11-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Sounds a tad bit high to me.. mainly becuase I have done it and the most expensive thing was the damn pearl white paint.. I spent $215 for paint (basecoat white and then the pearl White) and primer(filler primer).. and I sprayed a FG hood, shogun front and rear bumper..
If he is doing prep work.. which I think you will need (wetsanding a few times prior to primer) I guess its not a bad price.
When I was in on the kit I got an estimate from a shop and they told me $350 for prep & paint of the USDM Intial V kit...

I would still shop around and see what you get..

majikTib
11-22-2003, 06:52 PM
you get what you pay for

that isn't a bad price at all. make sure they're doing a good job. If he's doing it properly, he'll be sanding, prepping, sanding, prepping, spraying (maybe more or less). Is he also installing it? Some kits don't line up perfect and take some major work to get them to fit properly. Be prepared to pay extra if he's gotta do a lot of modifying to make it fit. Otherwise, I'd be content with that price. Make sure they're trustworthy and find out what processes they will go through to paint the car.