PDA

View Full Version : Where can we mount a clock??

Cereal Killa
11-22-2003, 10:43 AM
I have a slight problem, I can't find an area on my dash to mount a clock. The reason I need a clock is I have an indash TV, and the clock is on the TV, and the screen is always in. I never pull it out anymore. So I don't have a clock anywhere in my car. I was thinking about moving the A/C controls somewhere else, and custom mounting an Infiniti clock in the same area. But I'm not sure if it's going to be an easy job to move the A/C controls, or if it's possible.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

The 99 Galant
11-22-2003, 11:51 AM
moving the A/C controls will be hard since they are wire controlled. I don't think there's enough extra to move it anywhere unless you get it customed at some shop. I've seen a G with his A/C controls moved to the center console under the armrest piece. Cost him a lot.

peanotation
11-22-2003, 12:11 PM
http://www.cjbalm.com/watches/images/moser%20wrist%20watch.jpg
http://skagen.com/skagen/images/thumb/433LSLC-preview.jpg
http://www.omegawatches.com/lux-example/img/bdwatch/thumb_gd/45325100.jpg

ChikagoGTZ
11-22-2003, 12:16 PM
You can get a small analog clock that fits in a gauge pod. If you have intentions on installing any other gauges in your ride this may be a nice way to blend everything together. I believe Ultra-Lite makes one of these in 2 1/16 inch.

peanotation
11-22-2003, 12:19 PM
You can get a small analog clock that fits in a gauge pod. If you have intentions on installing any other gauges in your ride this may be a nice way to blend everything together. I believe Ultra-Lite makes one of these in 2 1/16 inch.

put one of those in your car, talk about ricer comments, even though it is practical and thats the route i'd take if i was in the above situation. i have too many clocks though, one on the head unit, the stock clock thats above the a/c controls, and one built into the digital thermometer.

ChikagoGTZ
11-22-2003, 12:22 PM

put one of those in your car, talk about ricer comments, even though it is practical and thats the route i'd take if i was in the above situation. i have too many clocks though, one on the head unit, the stock clock thats above the a/c controls, and one built into the digital thermometer.

What's so rice about it? My buddy has a 96 Mustang that runs 10s and he has about 8 gauges in his ride, one of them is a clock...I dont think it's rice...it has a function....it looks nice.

Elwenil
11-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Dig through the junkyards and used car lots. Find one that's in dash, sorta recessed into a dash that has similar curves like ours. I took one out of a Conquest Tsi to put in my old Dodge truck, and it works great. Just look around at different cars. You may find an OEM one for something that will work for you. Also, why not look at some of the ones that mount to the roof? Some cars, trucks and SUV's have compass, thermometer, and clock displays in overhead consoles, so that may also work if you don't have a sunroof. Just my .02

HeadAche
11-22-2003, 01:07 PM
IF you got a watch use..there ya go..

pinoyesv6
11-23-2003, 03:04 PM
the uato parts store has some lil cheap digital clocks. they jsut stick on with double stick tape. really cheap and might not be the bestest thign in the world but it works. maybe mount it like on top of the steering column or on top of the dash.

Faction
11-23-2003, 06:01 PM
get a wall clock and mold it into the dash https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

sj420
11-23-2003, 07:19 PM
mold an analog clock (infiniti style) w/ cf where the center speaker goes. make it removable to change the battery. us mitsubishi cheapness shines once again w/ the lack of a separate clock...

Lazarus
11-23-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm going to agree with ChikagoGTZ if time is that much of an important thing I say get teh 2 1/16" Gauge for the pod. just sustom mold it into the Gauge Bezel.or get one of teh small analog clocks and M3 Tape it to the ash tray