PDA

View Full Version : CAI into Sort Ram need B

J Reezy
11-22-2003, 05:04 PM
well, I did a search for my first question and answered a few of my other question but could not find this one. Ok. I have read with a CAI you can change to a ram when you need to.(wheather) Now I want to go cold air, but if its about to get real shitty to be safe I want to throw a ram on, what parts of ram do I need to throw on. How long does it take to change and what do you think?

02galant
11-22-2003, 06:47 PM
When you have a cold air intake you dont really have to worry about the wheather messing with the intake b/c it is VERY rare for that to happen on a cold air NOT to say it cant happen but it doesnt happen very often but if you insist on convertering it would prolly take 10-15 mins to do and to convert - The cold air is two separate pieces so you just take the bottom piece that extends it down and put the filter on the tube from the trottle body - it not real hard but more trouble than its worth. Hope i answered you question.

J Reezy
11-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Well, I was talking about driven when its pouring down. See I live in SC and my people are in Texas and in Texas you never know what will happen I just wanted to know because just incase I go visit, and its getting ugly, I can swap the ram on there. make sence? so would I need to just buy both or should I not be bothered with the short Ram??

QnzMostWanted
11-22-2003, 07:44 PM
all u gotta do is disconnect ur cai extension and put ur filter on ur mas adaptor, thats it the end, shouldnt take more than 5 minutes to do

02galant
11-22-2003, 10:05 PM
all u gotta do is disconnect ur cai extension and put ur filter on ur mas adaptor, thats it the end, shouldnt take more than 5 minutes to do

He is exactly right.

J Reezy
11-22-2003, 11:34 PM
Well, thats all i was getting at. so all I gotta do is buy a CAI and a short RAM filter? thanks again!!

02galant
11-23-2003, 10:15 AM
No just buy a CAI with all mounting hardware and that is everything you need the isnt a SHORT RAM filter they are all the same.

QnzMostWanted
11-23-2003, 10:28 AM
yeah the filter is the same, u just take off ur filter from the cold air extension and put it on the mas adaptor

J Reezy
11-23-2003, 02:49 PM
thanks yall!! Deeply apppreciated

akiraflux
11-23-2003, 10:21 PM
funny...i was just gonna ask this since it's gettin snowy and it's not unheard of to have 4 inches of snow on ground. my cai would drag through that shit which i wouldn't imagine is good.