PDA

View Full Version : No dont go

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
09-17-2002, 05:52 PM
My reverse indiglo gauges are slowly dying out they come on & go out as they please. is there anything i can do to save them before it gets worse???? dam i love that blue at night.

Fishboy55
09-17-2002, 06:54 PM
First, double check all your connections to make sure they're tight. If that doesn't work, make sure you don't have them screwed in too tight. This will break the dielectric for the indiglow. remove the screws holding the gauges, then replace them until they're tight. Then back them off a quarter to a half turn. If neither of those works, you may be losing your AC converter. Luckily I haven't had any problems with mine in all the time I've had them.

Chip

pinoyesv6
09-17-2002, 07:48 PM
you might also wanna contact the manufacturer. uhm they might be able to give u the answer or tell u what replacement parts u need.

BlueESV6
09-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Fish you had given the website on another post... wasn't it AC Autotechnic... the company that made these gauges? I'm reading these ballasts are going bad from a couple of people... :!:

BGR
09-17-2002, 09:03 PM
Now this is just a theory but if your gauges are truely jacked, perhaps you can salvage the face plate and then buy the regular blue/green indiglo's off Ebay. They're like less than $40. Slip the Reverse face plate on these bad boys and you're back in business.

I'm not sure what the Reverse EL thing is all about. I'm assuming it's just the illusion the face plate creates when you turn on the EL. Other than that, the AC Autotechnic's and the Halos are just like the plain old EL gauges, blue and green colors and other shades in between.

GTZ
09-18-2002, 01:48 AM
I just got my reverse indiglo guage installed a week ago and I and I have color set to purple and it has reset it self to blue when I shut them off. Does anyone know whats wrong? And also when I turn them on it blinks b4 it comes on.

Fishboy55
09-18-2002, 07:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fish you had given the website on another post... wasn't it AC Autotechnic... the company that made these gauges? I'm reading these ballasts are going bad from a couple of people... Â*:!:</div>

Blue, Here's the site. They have a contact us link and also a list of dealers by state. Hopefully that will help. Click Here ('http://www.acautotechnic.com/')