PDA

View Full Version : All You Need to Know About HID's

evil-G-nius
11-25-2003, 03:03 PM
There are a lot of unanswered questions, and false answers questions asked about HID lighting. This site should clear up any misconceptions, questions, or myths reguarding this matter

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html ('http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html')

Hope this helps

Evil D Custom
11-25-2003, 08:40 PM
thanx man it answere like one of my ?'s

Sleeper
12-01-2003, 11:44 AM
so that means we cant use HID since our headlamps are not made for it?!!

so where can we get a retrofit kit?? :cry:

peanotation
12-10-2003, 12:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sleeper)</div><div class='quotemain'>so that means we cant use HID since our headlamps are not made for it?!! Â*

so where can we get a retrofit kit?? :cry:</div>

no, you can still get HIDs for our headlights and still notice a huge difference, just won't be as effecient as projector headlights. i noticed a huge difference in my car from halogens and hyperwhites. light output is a shitload stronger above halogens, and it's whiter than pretty much all the other cars with Xenons on the road since my bulbs are at 7500K

seth98esT
12-11-2003, 11:49 AM
I have projectors, now who wants to give me HID?

Where did you get ur HID Kit from peano?

peanotation
12-12-2003, 11:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have projectors, now who wants to give me HID?

Where did you get ur HID Kit from peano?</div>

where/how did u get your projectors? my HID kit....lets see. its been a year now so i can speak up. long story short: i went out with a girl, whilst going out with her, this asshole at my high school hit her at a party, i beat shit out of asshole. Asshole drives a Audi 2.7T and it HAD xenons. my good friends crowbar and screwdriver helped me remove his xenons from his car. this guy didn't even come close to getting what he deserved, he's a woman beater and i heard people back in my home town are filing rape charges against him for some women he raped. he's only 19....oh well. so yeah, my xenon ballasts are from an audi 2.7T, and i bought the 9006 bulbs seperatly.

seth98esT
12-12-2003, 03:02 PM
The JDMs are projector headlights. The high and low beam are separated by the black plastic and they take h1/h4 bulbs. Those are projectors arent they? :lauging:

Wolfman
12-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Not most of them. They ones on ebay are only reflectors. You can add projectors. Hella makes 90mm high and lows. SOme work would be cut out for you seeing not too many people have done it. I don't now who's done it to JDMs but Astig has done it to OEm and Z is working on it.

peanotation
12-12-2003, 04:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>The JDMs are projector headlights. Â*The high and low beam are separated by the black plastic and they take h1/h4 bulbs. Â*Those are projectors arent they? :lauging:</div>

ah, so they arn't. the JDM 7G headlights are just the same, only with teh differences you noted, but the housing itself isn't a projector style design. i'm thinking over next summer to work on getting Civic projectors to fit into our housings since they're small enough to work with.

REDLANT97
12-28-2003, 05:11 PM
wassup guys? i dont get it, call me hardheaded. I have xenons right now andi cant see anything due to oxidation. So im gonna take the headlights apart and clean the lenses off with compound and sanding whatever and then i was gonna spray the interior housing wit a HIGH GLOSS SILVER reflective color and put some Panasonic HID's 9006. Can i do that or would it not be worth it? IM gettin them for $200 so