PDA

View Full Version : erebuni.. bad or good??

Stieviiie
11-26-2003, 08:18 AM
i was thinking of purchasing a grill and hood from erebuni
i just dont know what hood i want cause i dont know if i had to modify it any,
if you guys can give me an opinion on what you think looks better or tell me ur personal experience with after market hoods it be appriciated ...

heres the link

http://www.erebuni.net/accesscustom/mitsugalant99.htm ('http://www.erebuni.net/accesscustom/mitsugalant99.htm')

Juventas
11-26-2003, 09:20 AM
I have the VIS Evo hood which I got from ebay. People have been saying that Erebuni is better but I had no problems with the hood from VIS and it fit great and looks great and its a little cheaper. If youre gonna get it throuhg ebay the only thing is that shipping might take a while. I have the Erebuni body kit which i had a lot of fitment problems but i dont know how their hood is but it doesnt look any different from the VIS hood. Hope this helps

Fishboy55
11-26-2003, 09:48 AM
I've heard the erubuni has fitment problems that are far worse than the VIS. Both of them are made for JDM galants, so they won't be a perfect fit, but I have the VIS and it looks great. The gaps are very minor and only a slight adjustment of the hinges was required. I've also read that the latch on the Erubuni is kind of flimsy. The VIS has a solid metal latch molded directly into the glass, so it's plenty sturdy and durable. My VIS hood has been on a Galant for well over 2 years without hood pins and is still doing fine. I'd recommend the VIS. There's a GB going on right now through DNA racing that can be found on galantforums.com

pinoyesv6
11-27-2003, 11:55 AM
with the erebuni grille, its made for the jdm and world spec galants. meaning the 8g galants without the US spec headlights. but yea, the us spec grille is much longer than the world spec grilles and as a result you will encounter gaps with the erebuni grille if you were to insall it. large gaps i must say. also, the erebuni grille mounts differently compared to the us grille so you're gonna have to figure that out. if you want a similar effrect, just take your oem grille and cut out the teeth