PDA

View Full Version : rims+Lower+Wing+B-kit

vision3e8
12-01-2003, 05:23 AM
I am very unfamiliar with doing these sorts off modifications but I do think they look very nice. I just purchased a 2002 galant yesterday and would like something similar done to my car. What price range should i shoot for If i were to walk into a shop and tell them i wanted anything but my hubcap rims, a good lowering job, a spoiler that looks stock, and a body kit (front back sides) that really doesnt' stand out too much. I really am sort of pressed on time to do a lot of research regarding these modifications so i would like this experience to be hassle free as possible.

Thanks so much

- Vinh

peanotation
12-01-2003, 05:31 AM
well, you can get wheel/tire packages for your car down to $850 for a good reputable brand now, if you wanna go no name brand good lookin wheels, you can get them down to $700, but the quality down the road is shady.

as far as lowering, its all up to you. do you JUST want the lowered look? you can always cut your springs and get the shittiest/cheapest alternative, but you'll bounce all over the place. you can get lowering springs for a few hundred and then some, and then throw in some performance struts for added rigidity and performance for a few hundred more. not sure if you're going strictly looks or both show and go.

stock ES/GTZ wings are about $100 i believe for the 8G, but i have a feeling i'm drastically wrong...correct me 8Gers. painting a stock 8G wing should be about $100 for a maaco job. and if you just want front bumper/rear bumper kit, thats another $400 plus painting (about $400).

be prepared to put down around 2 grand.

12-01-2003, 01:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>as far as lowering, its all up to you. do you JUST want the lowered look? you can always cut your springs and get the shittiest/cheapest alternative, but you'll bounce all over the place. </div>
Don't ever suggest this. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
There are a whole mess of things that go wrong when you cut your springs. Ricers do it to drop their cars cheap, and they look ridiculous doing it. First of all, your camber is going to go down the negative shit-hole. You'll have to replace those $350 tires just a few months after you get them, when the inside tread is worn bald. You will fuck up your suspension so damn bad, because you are maintaining the same spring rate as your stock springs, with less distance to travel. You will permanently damage your suspension, costing you hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. You hit your bump stops every time you go over a damn speed bump, and the lower you "drop" it by cutting the springs, the worse and worse the ride gets. Unless you're a huge ricer, which I don't think you are judging by what you were looking for in your first post, you'll regret cutting springs. Just drop the extra hundred or so on coilovers, or, better yet, lowering springs.

peanotation
12-01-2003, 01:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>as far as lowering, its all up to you. do you JUST want the lowered look? you can always cut your springs and get the shittiest/cheapest alternative, but you'll bounce all over the place. </div>
Don't ever suggest this. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
There are a whole mess of things that go wrong when you cut your springs. Ricers do it to drop their cars cheap, and they look ridiculous doing it. First of all, your camber is going to go down the negative shit-hole. You'll have to replace those $350 tires just a few months after you get them, when the inside tread is worn bald. You will fuck up your suspension so damn bad, because you are maintaining the same spring rate as your stock springs, with less distance to travel. You will permanently damage your suspension, costing you hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. You hit your bump stops every time you go over a damn speed bump, and the lower you "drop" it by cutting the springs, the worse and worse the ride gets. Unless you're a huge ricer, which I don't think you are judging by what you were looking for in your first post, you'll regret cutting springs. Just drop the extra hundred or so on coilovers, or, better yet, lowering springs.</div>

yeah, i should've made my "suggestion" a little more drastic sounding like scootin did for me. its probably a more worse idea than screwing 20 chicks in a mexican whore house without a condom - BAD IDEA. shouldn't have suggested it, thanks scootin :wink:

12-01-2003, 03:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, i should've made my "suggestion" a little more drastic sounding like scootin did for me. its probably a more worse idea than screwing 20 chicks in a mexican whore house without a condom - BAD IDEA. shouldn't have suggested it, thanks scootin Â*:wink:</div>
HAHA....just makin' sure you weren't going too ricer on me https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

pinoyesv6
12-01-2003, 06:18 PM
if you're really pressed for time, take a few hours to look aroudn the board.

there's pictures of people's rides, you can see what kinda parts look good on the galant.

there's reviews all over the board. you can see what parts people like and what to avoid. same thing with vendors. you can see who has the best prices, who's a good vendor who's a bad vendor.

then there's general info on the boards. like how to install, tips, and all this other great stuff.

this forum is a gold mine for sum1 who's tryna to personalize their galant. just take the time to look around, you'll be amazed at what you'll find

peanotation
12-01-2003, 07:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, i should've made my "suggestion" a little more drastic sounding like scootin did for me. its probably a more worse idea than screwing 20 chicks in a mexican whore house without a condom - BAD IDEA. shouldn't have suggested it, thanks scootin Â*:wink:</div>
HAHA....just makin' sure you weren't going too ricer on me https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif</div>

haha, never dude. i only mentioned cutting the springs because a few hours before i saw that thread i was on the highway and raced a probe that REALLY cut his springs, his wheels came off the ground once from a little bump, and he hit his head on the roof of his car a few times it was bouncing sooooooo bad, so the cutting springs thing is fresh in my mind