PDA

View Full Version : Euro Lights

Wife
12-01-2003, 07:12 AM
Hi all.. I have a few questions and I hope somebody can help me. My husband really wants euro head lights for our 2000 v6 galant. I dont know a lick about cars but I would really like to get him the lights for christmas. I found these lights but I dont know if they are the euro lights and if they are would they fit? Could somebody...anybody help me out. Thanks

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/dothis/lights.JPG

Wolfman
12-01-2003, 08:38 AM
Well as far as euro lights fitting the us galants there is some metal grinding the needs to be done. also the center grill peice that is on you galant now will not be able to stay in. you will need a euro grill as well, either that or a body kit but euro gill will be more feasable. Also you are probably not going to have these lights by christmas even from the man on ebay who sells them because it is taking him a bout a month and a half to get them here. Now the good news. There are many many people here who know how to make these lights fit and can help you out if you decide to get these. Be aware you will have to buy the new wiring and ligh bulbs to have these lights work as well as get someone to change the angle in which the light points since its euro because they drive on the opposite side of the street from us. Now that all thats said if you want to get him a late present I'd suggest the man on ebay he seems to have the best luck with many galant center members. If you need any other help don't hesiaite to pm me. Hope this helps.

pinoyesv6
12-01-2003, 09:49 AM
its really hard to tell if those are euro lights because of the watermark but, it looks like its not. the euro lights have a black interior and they use twin bulbs. one for the high and one for the low. the us spec uses a single bulb for high and low beam. thats how you can tell. its gonna take alot to not only get the euro lights to fit but also to wire it up. many people here have done it though.

another option is to use to 02-03 galant headlights. they bolt on without any mods. they have the darkened interior like the euro headlights. pretty much they are the 99-01 headlights with the darkened interior. it also uses a single bulb like the ones you have now so no wiring is necessary. a lil easier to get and a painless install

Ollpen
01-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Late post as i just joined, but keep in mind that the Euro lights
have a separate glued-on already orange colored corner.
That is in comparision with the US that has a orange film inside that can
be removed.