PDA

View Full Version : Help me!!! Installing new brake!!!

xpr626
12-01-2003, 04:04 PM
I am installing new brakes on my 96 galant, and I got the top bolt to the caliper assembly off but the bottom one wont bude for the life of me...is it threaded opposite? or do i just need air tools?

pinoyesv6
12-01-2003, 05:52 PM
i had the same problem the other day when installing my brakes. when i took out the first bolt and went to remove the second one, the caliper would just flop around. i put the bolt i took out back in and screwed in a lil so the caliper wouldn't flop around. then i took my breaker bar and used that to loosen that bolt that wouldn't budge. air tools help but for those on a budget, a good breaker bar (or my case, a pipe) works just fine.

Faction
12-01-2003, 06:24 PM
i should be buying a air tool set for christmas, comes with impact wrench, painting kit, nail gun for like $500

xpr626
12-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks guys, I used a big heavy pipe, damn things were bolted on like it was holding the whole car together. I am planing on getting some air tools, but at that reverse angle wouldnt it be hard to brace the impact wrench? Id be afraid it would twist and break my wrist..

MidNightRacing
12-02-2003, 11:43 AM
I got air tool n they dont work for shit!! The first time i tryed it worked but my compressor is to week. I just tryed to use the this weekend n it didnt even move!! If i cant get a bolt off i take a wrench hold the head n hit it with a hammer! works all the time! (damn broken $400 air tools!!)