PDA

View Full Version : Help with neon installation?

Sharky1116
12-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Iam going to be getting a neon undercar kit for my 95 G...

I wondering from those who have a neon kit.... where are the best places to mount the tubes underneath the car?

Thanks

mjc1055
12-01-2003, 08:45 PM
the sides are self explanatory but theres really not much you can do about the front and the back unless you have a body kit. search the forum, i had this problem awhile back when i had my neon kit.

mjc1055
12-01-2003, 09:53 PM
oops, sorry, i just realized you had a 7g... maybe its a little easier with that generation, but i dont know anything about it :oops:

Sharky1116
12-01-2003, 10:15 PM
No problem... ive been looking through the search, and i havent found a single post about installing neons on a 7G... found one for a 6G but that didnt help much... :?

Sharky1116
12-02-2003, 06:32 PM
can anyone else help me out?

peanotation
12-02-2003, 06:39 PM
yeah, mounting them on the sides was tricky as hell. you'll have to drill through the bottom of the car to make little itty bitty holes for the screws. there's actually only ONE place on the sides that you can mount the tubes, and its the only place that the tube will fit FLUSH with the under body of the car. its actually kind of a bitch to find the right spot, since the bottom of the 7Gs are anything but flat.

the back you'll just have to put it immediatly behind the truck, and put some black electrical tape on it so you can't see this bright ass bulb outside the car. as far as the front...thats questionable. i mounted mine on top of the long wide metal thing that goes from the front to behind the engine. its that huge thing you hit when you bottom out. i just tie strapped the tube in place there, since there's a bunch of pre-drilled holes in your bumper you can use.

make sure you turn the glow on at night, and get far away from your car so you can see what spots you need to cover on the bulbs with electrical tape. nothing screams ghetto more than bulbs you can see. dampen a rag once a month and wipe the bulbs clean so they dont fade from dirt build up. sorry for the long post.

Sharky1116
12-03-2003, 12:16 AM
Thanks this helped alot! now i just need the kit to come in and ill be set to go!

seth98esT
12-03-2003, 01:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>nothing screams ghetto more than bulbs you can see. dampen a rag once a month and wipe the bulbs clean so they dont fade from dirt build up. sorry for the long post.</div>
Yes make sure you cannot see the bulb, It makes the neons look so terrible. If you can see the bulb then you may as well not have neons...

peanotation
12-03-2003, 01:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>nothing screams ghetto more than bulbs you can see. dampen a rag once a month and wipe the bulbs clean so they dont fade from dirt build up. sorry for the long post.</div>
Yes make sure you cannot see the bulb, It makes the neons look so terrible. If you can see the bulb then you may as well not have neons...</div>

yeah, just use black electrical tape. it peels riiight off when you need to take it off, doesn't leave sticky shit, and it does a great job, amazingly enough. you can't even tell its got tape on it, you dont notice it at all.

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
12-03-2003, 09:34 PM
hey man i have PLASMA GLOW neon lights man those are brighter then the STREET GLOW or LITE GLOW