PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have V6 Automatic to Manual Swap Parts List

VegasMatt
12-03-2003, 04:03 PM
See topic above. Has anyone done it for the V6?

Thanks in advance.

8ggalant
12-03-2003, 04:06 PM
sumone's plannin a tax season project :twisted:

VegasMatt
12-03-2003, 04:33 PM
I'm ready to do it now.

VegasMatt
12-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Anyone?

Faction
12-04-2003, 04:05 PM
3g tranny
3g axles

basically everything from the 00-03 5-speed eclipse V6's

Stewi
12-05-2003, 06:00 PM
Ok Im doing the 4 cylinder 5 speed swap so the parts list should be almost the same except you would get them from the V6 eclipse not the I4. All parts can be had from any V6 Eclipse (GT) from 2000-2004. Here goes nothing........

Manual Transmission
Shifter Assembly
All shift linkage and cables
Clutch pedal
brake pedal (brake pedal is smaller on a 5 speed car)
clutch master cylinder
clutch slave cylinder
flywheel
starter (not sure if 5 speed starter is different from auto, check mitsu part#'s to double check)
clutch
factory throw out bearing
Axles
All fluid lines for clutch master + slave cylinders
Manual eclipse GT ECU
and most of all........

PATIENCE...........You gotta make sure that when you drill the hole in the firewall and mount up the clutch pedal and amster cylinder that its PERFECTLY straight. If not, its not gonna work, or it will work, but only for a short period because your gonna wear the seal on the piston shaft of the master cylinder out....quick !

While your doing the swap it might be a good idea to install some stronger motor mounts and tranny mounts. Someone makes urethane tranny mounts I forgot who, call road race engineering, they have tons of info on this stuff. If you plan on doing work to your motor or in your case Matt your running SDS it might not be a bad idea to get an upgraded clutch and flywheel. ACT and Centerforce made good clutch's and findaza makes a flywheel. The act 2100 clutch chould be alright for you, if you plan on going higher than like 350 WHP then get the 2600, but its not the greatest for everyday driving and its kinda tough on the left leg. Your also gonna have to Re-pin the wiring harness from the galant into the eclipse ECU, if im correct the galant has 130 pins, 3 rows tall, hahahaha, however the eclipse only has 92 pins, 2 pins tall. Get yourself some wiring diagrams and play pin the tail on the donkey. If you have anymore questions just post them up and i'll help you out.

QnzMostWanted
12-05-2003, 06:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok Im doing the 4 cylinder 5 speed swap so the parts list should be almost the same except you would get them from the V6 eclipse not the I4. All parts can be had from any V6 Eclipse (GT) from 2000-2004. Here goes nothing........

Manual Transmission
Shifter Assembly
All shift linkage and cables
Clutch pedal
brake pedal (brake pedal is smaller on a 5 speed car)
clutch master cylinder
clutch slave cylinder
flywheel
starter (not sure if 5 speed starter is different from auto, check mitsu part#'s to double check)
clutch
factory throw out bearing
Axles
All fluid lines for clutch master + slave cylinders
Manual eclipse GT ECU
</div>

that sounds about accurate, just remember the clutch and brake pedal is 1 assembly that replaces ur stock brake assembly

VegasMatt
12-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Thanks for your info Stewi, I saw your post on Galantspeed about the swap.

Thanks.

I went out trolling the junkyards, but had no luck finding a wrecked GT yet.

Elwenil
12-06-2003, 07:10 PM
Hmmm, I need to do this. If all goes well, and no one beats me to it, I'm going to swap a 5 speed into my I4, and I'll take a bunch of pics and do a tutorial on my website. I think it would come in handy for a lot of peeps to have a veified parts list, and pics of all the rough spots in this swap. If anyone has already done this, let me know so I don't waste my time. :wink:

Stewi
12-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Shane aka Headache has already done the I4 swap, but no tutorial. Im gonna do a tutorial but im not sure when my swap is gonna be done. Im gonna try to take alot of pics and maybe even some video footage, hopefully I will have it done before february.

Elwenil
12-06-2003, 10:35 PM
Shane aka Headache has already done the I4 swap, but no tutorial. Im gonna do a tutorial but im not sure when my swap is gonna be done. Im gonna try to take alot of pics and maybe even some video footage, hopefully I will have it done before february.

Yeah, that's about my timetable also. I found a couple of trannys, but I'm really looking for a whole car in my area. That way I can pick it over real good and get all my stuff in one place. I don't really want to buy the whole car, but I've found a few of those wrecked in the $4k range. I could probably make up my money by selling off the rest of the car, plus I'd have an extra engine, but I don't really want to fool with it. I'll let everyone know when and if I get everything lined up for the swap. Then if no one else has done it, I'll do a tutorial. If nothing else, maybe one of us might end up with a few good pics to contribute to the others tutorial. Guess we'll wait and see... :wink:

8ggalant
12-07-2003, 01:17 AM
I'm ready to do it now.

well excuuuuuuuuse me....hahaha...but yea try car-parts.com bro...and good luck with the manny tranny u should be puttin down at least 3 im thinkin

Elwenil
12-07-2003, 10:03 AM
I've found 3 trannys so far for $750 to $850. The pain in the ass is trying to find a whole car to get all the little crap off of. Around here, everyone wants to sell big assemblies and make you go to the dealer to buy the little stuff new. They think that it's not worth their time to take off a bunch of little stuff, and they won't let me into their yard for insurance reasons. They would rather crush the car after taking out the big stuff, and the few real expensive items like ECUs... :roll:

HeadAche
12-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Well its about time Matt that you decided to do the swap, have fun..

VegasMatt
12-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I want to get more HP with the SDS, and I am sick of the lag of shifting from the Auto.