PDA

View Full Version : My car is driving me insane!

spdrcr5
12-05-2003, 08:31 PM
1998 ES Automatic

This just started happening today after I got my oil changed. Everytime I brake hard it feels like it slips out of gear. Once it happens. it is like my car is in neutral and I can slam the gas, and it will just rev. While revving, once the RPMs hit a certain amount, it will kick back into gear and go. When it kicks back in gear, it is like popping the clutch. Anyone know what the problem could possibly be, and roughly how much it costs to fix it?

Thanks

pinoyesv6
12-05-2003, 09:04 PM
check your tranny fluid. many times, people accidentally drain the tranny oil when changing the engine oil. and then they notice that the thing is engine oil is full when they try to add more. but then the tranny is running extremly low.

spdrcr5
12-07-2003, 08:14 PM
My transmission fluid is completely full. That isn't it. I really hope I don't need to change my transmission, I don't think it is worth dropping another $1500 or so on it. Any other suggestions as to what it can be?

8ggalant
12-07-2003, 08:23 PM
My transmission fluid is completely full. That isn't it. I really hope I don't need to change my transmission, I don't think it is worth dropping another $1500 or so on it. Any other suggestions as to what it can be?

sell it to me so ican put a 5spd in it..hahaha...no but seriously it sounds like thats what it is...tranny is slippin...but maybe im wrong :?

peanotation
12-07-2003, 08:28 PM
dont quote me on this, but it sounds like your torque converter is bad, ur gonna have to overhaul the tranny it seems like, sorry man, its a mitsubishi automatic transmission, wasn't meant to last

seth98esT
12-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Take it to a mechanic and have him look at it. If you do indeed have to replace the tranny or have it rebuilt, it will be around the same price or cheaper to convert it to manual. The mitsubishi manual transmissions are built tougher and most of the time have less problems than the autos...