PDA

View Full Version : VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL !!!!

Stewi
12-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Just giving everyone the heads up, I saw a notice posted at a local gas station that as of the new year all gasoline will contain Ethanol, which means everytime you put gas in your car you gotta first dump in a can of drygas. If not, if there is ANY water in the tank and it mixes with the ethanol it will gel and clog your fuel system. This is such bullshit, imagine all the lowlifes who are gonna resort to just putting water in someones gas tank to fuck them over. This is the stupidest thing that has ever been implemented.

Calipso
12-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Wow, sounds like the government has made it much easier for people to fuck around with each other.

If this is true, then it's a bad idea.

RedGalant2k1
12-07-2003, 03:00 AM
most gas stations already have gasoline with 10% ethanol.

escoson
12-07-2003, 03:39 AM
that is shitty that if it mixes with water it would do that. hope noone decides to fuck around with someones car like that.

peanotation
12-07-2003, 03:46 AM
another brilliant idea from the american government

Elwenil
12-07-2003, 10:48 AM
Shit, you should live out in the country. It's fairly common to get water in your gas when you buy from some of the gas stations around here. If a station doesn't sell a lot of gas, it sits in the tank and condesates, which builds up over time, and then you have a bunch of water in your gas. It really fuks with EFI engines, but it's hard to prove so the owner of the car has to foot the bill if it really does any damage. that's why I always buy from the same gas station, and I make sure it's a popular one that gets it's tanks refilled often, and checks them for water. My stepfather had to have the fuel system in his Ford truck torn down to fix it one time. but if this new stuff is going to be everywhere, and it gels up, that is going to suck...

mike969mb
12-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Is this only in NY or something, cuz here in Florida I haven't heard a thing. And Alot of the time i work my stores Gas station and they would inform us of any changes like that. And we are strict about how our fuel is maintained. Between daily check and high quality gas filters(10 micron or less i think it is) and all we make sure we have good gas with least amount of water as possible. Since i've worked there we haven't had any yet or any that pics up on your system, our computer system VEEDER-ROOT informs us of the water levels and all.

verywhite01
12-08-2003, 02:55 PM
I think it is only going to be in NY NJ and Conn., from what I heard.

My99GTZ
12-08-2003, 09:28 PM
I didn't hear about including ethanol, the new laws that are going in place in the CT, NY, NJ area is they're taking MTBE out of our gas, thats it

Black Magic
12-08-2003, 10:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(verywhite01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think it is only going to be in NY NJ and Conn., from what I heard.</div>

DAMN IT

mitsgalantes01
12-09-2003, 12:21 PM
hey put a locking gas cap on ur car, i have one its a pain to have to unlock everytime and lock again, but it keeps people out.

dza
12-18-2003, 12:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elwenil)</div><div class='quotemain'>Shit, you should live out in the country. Â*It's fairly common to get water in your gas when you buy from some of the gas stations around here. Â*If a station doesn't sell a lot of gas, it sits in the tank and condesates, which builds up over time, and then you have a bunch of water in your gas. Â*It really fuks with EFI engines, but it's hard to prove so the owner of the car has to foot the bill if it really does any damage. Â*that's why I always buy from the same gas station, and I make sure it's a popular one that gets it's tanks refilled often, and checks them for water. Â*My stepfather had to have the fuel system in his Ford truck torn down to fix it one time. Â*but if this new stuff is going to be everywhere, and it gels up, that is going to suck...</div>

You can burn some of the gas. (Obvioulsy under safe conditions). I'm pretty sure that if the gas as water in it, the smoke will be very black. I used to live out in the country too. My pops burns out yellow jackets holes... uses popular gas stations and he gets clearer smoke. If he uses the good ole country stations he gets black smoke. At least he believes it has water in it. Not proof but it least it could show you which stations not to use.... maybe, lol

Moosh
12-21-2003, 02:44 PM
I am glad my 7G needs to have a lever pulled for the gas door to open https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif