PDA

View Full Version : pedal pads install!!!!

BLsGalant97
09-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Ok heres the deal, i just got a pair indiglo pedals the other day but when i went to install them i noticed there was no brackets behind the gas pedal to mount them. On the brake pedal there are 4 braces with springs and everything that screw on behind the pedal. But there is nothing behind the gas. All what was included were a couple of small screws and a medal peice that screw behind the pedal and some mounting tape. The package shows brackets like the gas. Has anyone have this problem or is there anothier method of mounted these? My old regular pedal pads had the brackets behind both pedals to mount. Thanks

here what is should look like...scroll down......http://www.shaft.com.tw/p17.htm

pinoyesv6
09-18-2002, 09:54 PM
u don't have pictures so i might not be accurate with my answer but maybe the metal pieces goes between the pedal and the cover and the screws hold the pedal cover in. and then to be extra safe there is mounting tape so the pedal doesn't slip off?

BLsGalant97
09-18-2002, 10:10 PM
yeah im gonna have to take pics then...cause the metal peice im talking about it the same as the "lower cross arm" in the pic in the link i posted..and the screws are are too short. I went to pep boys and checked out a pair of APC indiglo pedals and they are the same thing!!! I dont get it ..its not possible. But i will take pics. Got them from Procarparts and waiting for their reply

pinoyesv6
09-18-2002, 11:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'> Got them from Procarparts and waiting for their reply</div>

good luck with that. i emailed them several months ago...still no reply

2True
09-18-2002, 11:15 PM
I dunno man, from what I'm seeing they shorted you some peices. The gas pedal one is nearly the exact same design as the brake. There should be an upper arm, lower arm, and two swivel arms on either side.
Make sure you didn't over use your screws bro, maybe some are shorter on one side or something... shit I don't know. Take a picture :roll:

Mine are the ones where you bend the prong things over the OEM pedal.... WAY easier apparently.

BLsGalant97
09-18-2002, 11:35 PM
yeah my old pads are 100% easier.....i dont know all the ones at pep boys are missing the same peices so there has to be some explaination....doesnt make sense

BLsGalant97
09-18-2002, 11:35 PM
yeah my old pads are 100% easier.....i dont know all the ones at pep boys are missing the same peices so there has to be some explaination....doesnt make sense

QnzMostWanted
09-19-2002, 08:53 AM
yo bro, unscrew the metal plate from behind the gas pedal, now iin u parts u should have a U shaped peice, take the metal part and place it on the pedal, take the U shaped part and put it behind the pedal and screw it down into metal part, take the gas pedal and slide it into the medal part, it will lock in place and then screw in the bottom 2 screws to hold the pedal down.....thats all there is to it (new pedals they got rid of some parts for an easier install)

brandon
09-19-2002, 03:30 PM
Are these pedal replacements or just overlays?

I have the overlay indiglos and they were mad easy... just attach all the necessary screws and metal brackets, and bend em so that the pedals slide on and stay.

I'm guessin that's what your old ones were like though...