PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have problems with their suspension bushings

Wolfman
12-08-2003, 03:48 AM
Okay I have officially decided that I'm not going to wait around and see if this goes away. I'm gonna find out this week what the hell my g is creaking for. The front and rear are both creaking noticably to a point where I'm getting ticked off. I read in consumer guide that it might be the suspension bushings. I've heard that it might be the brakes needing cleaning and I've heard some other ideas. So whats up has anyone else had this problem. It isn't that cold here 50-60's during the day 30-40 at night. Could something have cracked? Oh and also I'm rocking up and down on the freeway like a boat and I actually bottomed out on a speedbump and I'm not lowered! is my suspension just jacking all up or what HELP! I need to fix this pronto

GalantHL
12-08-2003, 09:27 AM
It happened to me. Just the front though, but the cost to replace the bushings are minimal. The only thing is that you can only get the parts at a dealership. The only way to get around this is to order some P.U. bushings. You're call, they're the same price. I had mine done at the dealership. At least, now, if it happens again I'll have the dealership to back up the product...good luck. If you're a "do-it-yourselfter" I'd upgrade the sway bars since you have to take the bushings off of them as well. 8)

Let us know what happens.

Wolfman
12-08-2003, 11:30 AM
Is it covered under warranty?

GalantHL
12-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Unfortuantely no.

NyGalant2000
12-09-2003, 09:56 PM
how much did it cost to replace the bushings..because I'm at 45k miles and have the same problem I think.