PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

eric4086
12-09-2003, 05:57 PM
I am gettin some accord carbon fiber mirrors and need help installing them anyone know how or have a tutorial with pics? :?:

pinoyesv6
12-09-2003, 06:35 PM
first of all, i bought apc mirrors from the accorce coupe so if yours are for a sedan or a differnt type, they might be different.

first thing i did was go to teh car and roll down the two front windows. this makes teh install (especialyl if you are doing it all by yourself) easier.

then i removed the door panel. there are 5 screws. first screw is in the door handle cup. then there's a screw where the interior door handle is. remove that screw and the cover for the door handle. then there are 3 more screws. they are hidden under plastic decorative caps. just pop the caps open. there is a screw on the door panel on the side closest to the hindge and there is 2 more on the other side of the door panel. then you are gonna pull the door panel off. i grab from the bottom and pull. its held in by clips but you are gonna have to pull really hard. dont' be afraid. once the door panel is loose, disconnect the socket for the electronics like the window switch.

remove that lil triangle shaped decorative piece where the mirror bolts are. if you have a tweeeter there, remove that.

the mirror is held in by 3 10mm nuts. remove them and the mirror should come out. try to catch it. thats why you have the window open, so you can reach out and grab it.

disconnect the wiring for the old mirrors. you disconnect it last just incase you forget to catch it. the mirror will dangle by the wire. its bad for the wire but its better to have a lil safety blanket than to clean up a broken mirror.

so you got the old mirrors out.

pinoyesv6
12-09-2003, 06:44 PM
to isntall the miirrors.

for my mirrors, the two bottom bolts fit in the hole. so i used that to line up where to drill the top hole. once you drill the top hole the mirrors can just bolt on.

on my mirrors i noticed that my mirrors had metal studs where the mirros would bolt onto the car. these studs made the mirros stick out from the car. i rmeoved the studs and just used sheet metal screws to hold the mirrors to the car. i also used to gasket that came with the oem mirrors. it helped to hide the gaps. uhm, if you are gonna for sure screw or bolt on the mirrors, don't forget to put on the "delta base (the lil frame the tweeter cover or lile solid triangle pice snaps into) before you screw the mirrors in.

once the mirrors are screws in, you are pretty much done

if you have manual mirrors without turn singals you're done. if you have power mirrors, heated mirrors or sidemarkers, keep reading.

pinoyesv6
12-09-2003, 06:56 PM
the socket for the wiring has a shape and diagram just like this

For power mirrors
----------
|1|
----------
|2|3|4|5|

1(+) and 3(-) makes the mirror go up
1(-) and 3(+) makes the mirror go down
2(+) and 3(-) makes the mirror go Right
2(-) and 3(+) makes the mirror go Left

For heated mirrors
terminals 4 and 5 are for the heated mirror

for the turn signals, run all the wiring to the turn signals and then put the door panel together

galantv600
12-09-2003, 07:31 PM
pics of the new mirrors 8) mine were pretty simple to pu ton when i put em on!

eric4086
12-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Thanks guys for the infor really appreciate it Im gettin my mirrors after I put my CF Evo hood on next month

pinoyesv6
12-09-2003, 08:06 PM
then if you're gonna cf mirrors, make sure that its real cf then. my friend had some m3 mirros with a cf look to them and they looked horrible. so horrible that sum1 took a baseball bat to it and broke it off. the mirrors looked so fake compared to the hood

eric4086
12-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Yes i need to find real ones any one in here have any or no where to get some?