PDA

View Full Version : gauges

galantv600
12-14-2003, 11:20 AM
hey guys again got a stupid question... i wanna get my gauge pod andn im deciding the gauges i want

1.Ammeter gauge
2.Oil Pressure
3.Air/Fuel Ration

now i want all thsee in AC REVOLUTION not the S7 tho cuz i wana match wit my el gauge... does anyone know where i can find the AMMETER one... ive bin lookin everywehre and cant find it!! thank you!

also.. when ihook em up... will they change colors with my gauge in the dash? is it easy to install em? do thye come wit instructions? thanks guys in advance!

pinoyesv6
12-14-2003, 12:04 PM
i was looking around and i saw that almost all of the ammeters i saw said that they should only be used with cars that have a max alternator of like 60 amps or something similar and anything more than that, you should use a voltmeter. and yea, our cars make more than 60 amps at the alternator.

as for the install, uhm, i'll aassume for now that ur gonna use a volt meter. that just requires you to tap into a 12v source like from the fuse box or something and then hooking up the lighting.

the air fuel, hooks up to the ecu. kinda hard to get to. requires you to get to the ecu which is like under the glove box. kinda uncomfortable to do but its not that hard to do

the oil pressure guage would be the hardest one to install. you'd want to get an electrical gauge vs a mechanical one. but yea, you'd have to get an electrical sender and then tap the block to get the reading for the sender. after that, its a matter of running the wires from the engine bay to the gauge itself.