PDA

View Full Version : MAF Translator

pinoyesv6
12-16-2003, 12:38 PM
Has anyone tried this?? or at least looked into this??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The MAF Tanslator will allow the user to remove the Mass Air Sensor and use a late model GM MAF sensor on your Talon or Eclipse turbo car, as well as the Stealth/3000GT. This will greatly improve airflow and spoolup. It can also be used as a blow through unit so that the blow off vave can be vented into the atmosphere with no bad effects. If this was not enough it also has controls to adjust the air fuel ratio and compensate for larger fuel injectors eliminating the need for other more expensive units like the AFC.</div>

I found it here Click Click ('http://www.extrememotorsports.com/g2cat/ecu.htm')

Something for some of you guys to look at. Like the quote says, it eliminates the MAS. I haven't looked into this deeply but I do know that the 2g Eclipse Turbo and the 7G galant use the same MAs. maybe some of you guys might want to look into this more.

For even more info, check out this yahoo group Click Click ('http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/dsmtranslator/')

seth98esT
12-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Ive seen the DSM guys use it a lot. Really only needed in turbo or high HP applications but it acts as a very reliable tuning point. Pretty good bang for your buck form what I hear

Dark Anghell
12-30-2003, 08:22 PM
just to let you guys know, DSM guys with 1st gen eclipses pay money to buy the 7th gen galant/2g eclipse maf sensors. So why throw them out.

It will not make the car any faster unless you tune it, and not to talk shit about galant owners (I used to be one myself), but many won't spend the extra cash to dyno-tune the car, so it actually produce most hp it can produce. The same thing can be said about all the other car owners...dyno tuning is expensive, but if you are serious about your car and want to make sure it is fast and runs safe, dyno is the way to go.

Allthough pocket-logger is a cheaper solution.

Anyways besides all this gebbrish, MAF translators are for turbo cars (mainly), and that's if you got some cash to throw around.

manybrews
01-05-2004, 05:40 PM
speed/density systems suck ass.
dont bother.

galantin
01-07-2004, 10:07 PM
why do you say that? i was thinking about using speed density

manybrews
01-13-2004, 07:01 AM
why do you say that? i was thinking about using speed density
countless reasons.. the first being that they are nowhere NEAR as efficient as a MAF system.
there is absolutly no reason to alter your fuel management system whatsoever.
do not, i repeat, do NOT change from mas air flow to speed density unless you have no choice.