PDA

View Full Version : 86 rx7 injectors

onefastcavi
12-17-2003, 09:52 PM
I recently aquired 4 86 rx7 injectors from a friend, i believe they are 350cc..my question is, are they direct plug-ins, or am i gonna ned a resistor pack or some other way to manage them?

seth98esT
12-17-2003, 09:56 PM
you will need a way to manage them unless the ECU can handle it, an AFPR and SAFC would be a good investment as well. What performance mods do you have?

onefastcavi
12-17-2003, 10:08 PM
well for now, only intake and exhaust...i have the manifold and 14b turbo sittin in my room, im waiting until i can control my fuel better before i put it on...for now i was gonna slap the injectors in and get a fpr..i just wanna make sure that they are a direct plug-in...

seth98esT
12-17-2003, 10:27 PM
not sure if they will fit or not(Im thinking they should though). Pull ur old injectors and compare em, most injectors are about the same, I know all DSM injectors fit in the 4g64...

keep us posted on ur turbo project :wink:

onefastcavi
12-17-2003, 11:28 PM
well physically they should fit, but i dont wanna put the wrong impedence in and blow my ecu...on a warm day ill get out there and take off the fuel rail and all that shit and compare them...do you know if our injectors are high or low impedence?...

Dark Anghell
01-18-2004, 01:05 PM
There are ceretain rx-7 injectors that will work. They are 550cc, and there are some that are 680cc which is way more than what any NA car can handle. So unless you're going turbo, you won't need these. Even if you're going turbo, 450cc is plenty, but not less than that. 350cc may not be enough, and I would invest in SAFC II, this way you can have one fuel map for pump gas, and other for race gas.