PDA

View Full Version : What is that loud noise!

Sillyasianz
12-21-2003, 06:06 AM
Okay. I have a problem. When im driving and making a turn, if I gas while turning I get a loud banging, scratching maybe noise. If I dont gas and continue at the same speed and angle it will stop. I hear it only on my driver side.

here are some general parts that may cause it...maybe?

1. Racing Hart ST6 18" Chrome
235/40z/r18 Pirelli P7000

**the tire should be 225/40 on our car, but this only causes a problem when I make Full U-turns. Then I hear rubbing (a completely different noise then my problem) on both sides.**

2. Need my rotors re-surfaced

3. Could the axel be broke or breaking for a bad dip or something?

4. My mud cover under the fender is no longer clipped on (since i have a kit) and has rubbed off before to the point that I can now see my CAI from the tire.

5. I have a bar that runs from the end of my front bumper to my chassis to keep the kit firm at the ends. And on the driver side it is just next to the Injen CAI that does move since the rubber piece that bolts on holding the piping firm is loose (the bolt is tight, but the rubber is breaking off over the bolt)

6. When I got the new rims, i never got an alignment. I still need one, but its hard to find a shop with a Pit alighment since the car is kitted. Went to Just Tires to get an alignment when i bought new stock tires, OMG, they forced it up the ramp and I heard it scratching from the waiting room. Its okay though, it became a free job....

Now with all theses in mind, could any of these be causing it? Does this sound familiar to you and have another reason? I honestly dont think its the muds covers, I dont see any recent rubbing and I haven't inspected the brake/ suspension on the front. I will be resurfacing the rotors (is this to be done EVERY brake pad change, or EVERY OTHER?) and all the inspection today. But if it still persists any ideas before I take it to a shop?

Wolfman
12-21-2003, 01:14 PM
I had a loud bang on my passenger front wheel because the stud had broken off and it was the lug nut hitting the rim before it finaly came off. But I'm not sure if you are having the same issue. Good luck with it though.