PDA

View Full Version : stuck cd

mjc1055
12-27-2003, 11:55 AM
Alright, so check this out... last night, my girlfriend and a couple of her friends were in my car, and one of her friends has some CD that I had never heard of, DJ z-trip or something like that, which is apparently really rare and there are only 1000 copies of it in existence. so her friend hands the cd up to my girlfriend who is sitting shotgun, and she goes to put it into my cd player. i stopped paying attention at this point cuz of something in the road... the next thing i know, my cd player says "no cd" and we cant eject anything, but my girlfriend swears she remembers putting that cd in the cd player. the other weird thing is that we can put OTHER cds in and they play, so i assume the z-trip cd didnt just go in and get stuck. is she just on crack and not actually put the cd in, or is there a possibility its stuck in my head unit? if so, is there a way to safely get it out? thanks

cremeofthecrop
12-27-2003, 12:05 PM
try ejecting it over and over again..if that doesnt do it turn your car off and when you turn it on immediately press eject and see if it comes out

pinoyesv6
12-27-2003, 11:18 PM
check out the car, make sure that it isn't under the seat or something.

i know sometimes when im drivign and im tryna put a cd in the cd player, i accidentally get it in between the radio trim and the radio instead of the cd player. but it takes some muscle, at least on my car, to push it all the way in. but that could be a thought

Gilhuly
12-28-2003, 09:15 AM
I've done this twice. It's not in the cd player, it's in the console. The trim unit for that whole section will just pull out - it's lightly clipped in. Pull it out and you'll find your CD.

Dre
01-01-2004, 10:35 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>check out the car, make sure that it isn't under the seat or something. Â*

i know sometimes when im drivign and im tryna put a cd in the cd player, i accidentally get it in between the radio trim and the radio instead of the cd player. but it takes some muscle, at least on my car, to push it all the way in. but that could be a thought</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gilhuly)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've done this twice. Â*It's not in the cd player, it's in the console. Â*The trim unit for that whole section will just pull out - it's lightly clipped in. Â*Pull it out and you'll find your CD.</div>

I would have to agree with Pinoy and Gilhuly, because I have done the same thing several times while driving. The CD was most likely placed just above the designated slot for the cd player, which ends up being part of the center trim. At a glance, you cannot tell. But if you take a CD and try to insert it just above the designated CD player slot, it will go into that wrong spot, unless you already have one there. :roll: