PDA

View Full Version : wire hiding

Proud Galant Driver
12-28-2003, 04:06 PM
ok. where did you all run your power wires in your 6g for your amp? i already have it through the firewall but i don't like it sitting on top of the carpet. did you go under the carpet?

ken inn
12-28-2003, 04:44 PM
on the right side of the car, if you used the huge hole thru the inner fender, take the scuff plates off the door sill, and peel the carpet back. you will have to remove the right seat to do this, but after you peel it back, there is plenty of space for a cable. this is where i put my battery cable when i moved it to the trunk. you run it along the right side, and then if you remove the rear seat, there is an ample opening right next to the inner wheel well. also, if you remove the inner fender liner on the right front wheel, you will see a huge grommet, remove that, and you can just about get your whole arm thru there. it comes into the cabin just above the ecu, and i also used that to run the battery cable. then, right about where the battery sits, there is another covered opening plenty big enough for a couple of cables.

Rasko Da Gama
01-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Kenn inn is right... But when I did my cables for amp and speakers I didn't remove passenger seat, I removed just rear seats. If you really move carpet backwards, you can put cabels through the opening below the carpet - below passanger seat. But I asume that battery cabels were much bigger, so removing passanger seat is common if you do a battery relocation. :wink: