PDA

View Full Version : dome light help

mitsgalantes01
12-29-2003, 09:55 AM
I managed to get the dome light bulb out but not able to get it back in with the small opening they provide us. Anyone have a trick/tip to get the dam bulb back in?

Danger DANJ
12-29-2003, 11:11 PM
Small opening? Once the dome light fixture is removed from the roof, it should be easy to get the bulbs back in.

TWISTED II
12-30-2003, 12:01 AM
yeah, i'm confused. the bulbs are real easy to get to. please tell me you pulled the entire fixture out and didn't just pop out the plastic lenses. :shock:

mitsgalantes01
12-30-2003, 09:47 AM
how do you i pull the entire fixture off? Yes i just pulled the lense out. I tried to pop off the fixture it didnt feel like it was going to give.

TWISTED II
12-30-2003, 11:07 AM
i hope you can get those lenses back in with no problem. as far as i can remember, just grab a corner and pull. don't yank too hard cuz the middle will be attached to a wire. but theres nothing holding it in, so just get something under one of the corners and pull.

mike969mb
12-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Yank! Thats what i did, but since I did that i have one problem that some crazy clue will fix i'm sure, is that when the bass hits hard the entire fixture falls down.

Goodluck,
mike

TWISTED II
12-30-2003, 04:42 PM
i haven't had my dome light in for about a year now, so i may be forgetting something. but i don't remember needing any tools or anything to get it out. i think you may need to pull the front down first or something, but i don't think there are any clips or screws.

mike969mb
12-30-2003, 05:02 PM
You don't need any tools or anything pulling from the front is probably best, and theres no clips, i deal with it just about everyday so i think you covered it perfect twisted.

later,
mike

pinoyesv6
12-30-2003, 06:38 PM
to remvoe the dome light you just need to grabe one of the long sides and pull downward. its just held in my plastic friction clips.

if the doem light is lose, you might also try grabbing a pair of pliers and bending the metal tabs the dome light holds onto so that those plastic clips can hold on a lil better.