PDA

View Full Version : K&N Air Filter Upgrade..... might help someone out there

Marky
12-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Ok guys upgradeing your Air Filter to a K&N air filter is a very good idea I got mines yestoday, You hear and feel the difference. Cost like $50 you can get it at any regular auto store. And its very easy to install will not even take 10mins. Anyone need more info just let me know.

Calipso
12-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Hmmmmm 5-10 horsepower? I call the BS flag.

Cold Air Intakes manage to get that much. You'll be lucky if you pull 5hp tops out of ur intake. And yea it's easy to install, try doing a short ram or CAI intake.

Marky
12-29-2003, 01:15 PM
dude I am just trying to help stop being a dick

pinoyesv6
12-29-2003, 01:56 PM
i noticed a gain from my k&n back when i had it installed. its a good option for those who want to keep their stock intake assemblies. an oem replacement filter ran about 20 dollars. and the k&n was 45 for me. and its reusable and would last longer than any paper filter would.

i did feel a gian switching to an injen intake from the k&n. but still. the k&n is still good. i keep it around just in case i need to put the stock intake back on

RollinBishiStyle
12-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Flip your filter box upside down and youll like it even more, makes it sound a lot louder, i really dont think it helps performance that much but it will make it sound faster https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Mindless
12-29-2003, 09:03 PM
For $30 for bux I would have sent you a CAI. :wink:

Calipso
12-29-2003, 10:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marky)</div><div class='quotemain'>dude I am just trying to help stop being a dick</div>

I'm not being a dick, so why don't you watch what you say child. I've been here nearly two years. (Before the board was reset.)

Marky
12-30-2003, 05:27 AM
I dont care how long you been here, I was trying to post helpfull info and insted off trying to let me know..... ok you posted a little bit off some incorrect info. You acted cocky mr now it all and ignorant........... Whatever and dont expect a reply I am done with this I corrected the Mistake.

Calipso
12-30-2003, 10:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marky)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dont care how long you been here, I was trying to post helpfull info and insted off trying to let me know..... ok you posted a little bit off some incorrect info. You acted cocky mr now it all and ignorant........... Whatever and dont expect a reply I am done with this I corrected the Mistake.</div>

*Know it all.

This simply proved my point that you are a child. My work here is done.

GregRabbit
01-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Thanxz for the info but I actually was wondering do you think a shart ram injen would work better w/ a K&n filter? I t was because in a magazine(Turbo) they tested a lot of intakes w/ dif. filters
just wondering.

Thanxz

pinoyesv6
01-07-2004, 11:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GregRabbit)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanxz for the info but I actually was wondering do you think a shart ram injen would work better w/ a K&n filter? I t was because in a magazine(Turbo) they tested a lot of intakes w/ dif. filters
just wondering.

Thanxz</div>

i dunno if injen hhas changed things but last time i knew, they used k&n filters for their intakes. so changing to a k&n wouldn't give you a change, i mean if you were to stick with the same size filter.

mjc1055
01-08-2004, 07:57 PM
im 99% sure that injen uses their own air filter, but i doubt that you would see much of a change by switching to a k&n. if you were to try any other filter, maybe the HKS megaflow would yield some results, i've heard good things about it.