PDA

View Full Version : Mass Air

Import_Beast
12-30-2003, 02:17 PM
do we need to get a mass air for 7G if were just taking out the air box and putting in a round airfilter?if not what do we need to get

Faction
12-30-2003, 04:38 PM
huh? are you talking about the MASS AIR ADAPTOR? thats what you need if ur taking off the front OEM box and putting a cone filter on the stock tubing :wink:

i hope i said that right

pinoyesv6
12-30-2003, 06:44 PM
you are gona need a mas adaptor. if you were to unbolt the airbox from the MAS, then you would end up with a flat surface, with no place to clamp a filter onto. the MAs adaptor allows you to clamp the filter to the MAS.

Import_Beast
12-30-2003, 06:49 PM
OO that makes sence https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif were can i find a MASS AIR ADAPTER , and is it expensive

pinoyesv6
12-30-2003, 07:05 PM
im kinda lucky, the auto parts store near my house carries them. but, check out speed shops, and even online. ebay will bring you lots of great deals. some of them even come with filters. but yea, a lil tip. most of the modern mitsubishis' use the same MAs adaptor. cars that come into mind are the lancer, montero sport, diamante, some of the eclipses.

peanotation
12-30-2003, 07:15 PM
yeah, i got my adapter on ebay, came along with a filter. the adapters will convert the flat surface from the MAF or MAS into a 4" hole, and since 80% of filters out there are 3", you'll have to convert the 4" hole into a 3" hole. the adapters on ebay usually come with a 4" filter, so thats ur best bet, just buy one of those combos.

Import_Beast
12-31-2003, 03:19 PM
ok im kinda desprate here , i check about four diffrent stores today and 2 mitsu. dealers and none of them have it the best pep boys can do for me is a 1G eclipse adapter but i dont think it would fit, and i searched ebay today too they olny ones the have come with the filter and i already have does any one know were i can get and it doesnt take like 4 weeks to get here thanx :roll:

bronxbombr
12-31-2003, 07:37 PM
check ebay and you will find them. :wink:

pinoyesv6
12-31-2003, 08:44 PM
who cares if it comes with a filter. get it anyways. you can throw it away or sell it if u want. on ebay you can get the adaptor and filter for less than 20 dollars. the cheapest i've found locally is 15 dollars. but most of the shops have them for 30+ dollars.

the 1g adaptor won't fit.

you can order it from pep boys. uhm you're gonna have to go to the injen website and email the guys thereand ask for a part number. once you got a part number, you can order it from pep boys. just a warning...you're gonna get ass raped on price. more expensive than ebay

speaking of ebay, make sure you get one that has a seperate adaptor and filter. once of them is an all in one deal and that won't work for your situation

Import_Beast
01-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Well i eneded going to this performance shop by my house and they had a fliter with the same shape as the adapter at the end of the filter i got that and it works great thanx for all your helps :wink: