PDA

View Full Version : where to get a body kit?

Animalmother
12-31-2003, 09:44 AM
does anyone know where I can get the best body kit for the cheapest for the 8g? Thanks.

VegasMatt
12-31-2003, 09:46 AM
You get what you pay for, but I would go to ebay. You are lookin to save money, I can tell. So Ebay is a good place for you to get your body kit.

Good luck.

pinoyesv6
12-31-2003, 10:47 AM
yea but beware with buying smoe body kits. many body kits look the same but the fitment is ddifferent. you yea watch out for that. you might get a great deal on the kit, byut you might get ass raped on the install cuz of the bad fitment problems.

Fishboy55
01-01-2004, 07:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea but beware with buying smoe body kits. many body kits look the same but the fitment is ddifferent. you yea watch out for that. you might get a great deal on the kit, byut you might get ass raped on the install cuz of the bad fitment problems.</div>
And how do you tell either from ebay or a picture on a website which kits have fitment problems? You could buy two of the same model kits from the same manufacturer and have different fitment problems between the two. It all depends on the molding, how the glass was poured, how the kit was unmolded, the weather at the manufacturer that day and a lot of other factors. Bottom line is that ALL kits are going to have fitment issues even the ones made for USDM Galants. Sometimes the problems will be severe, sometimes they'll be minor. With a few exceptions, there are no true bolt on body kits for us or any other cars.

8ggalant
01-01-2004, 08:08 AM
i kno u didnt post this ?....did u search.....u kno if u had call one of yer local brothers we woulda helped u out...anyway all has already been said...most already kno my opinion ...take that income tax return and get an AUTHENTIC kit imported so u dont have to worry about iff the knock off u got on ebay will fit....or need damn 10 hrs of labor to make it fit...ya kno...my .02...gimme a call man

Elwenil
01-01-2004, 11:51 AM
There's also Boostedgalant's group buy in the group buy forum. It appears to have some really nice features, and is made for USDM Galants. Price is pretty good too, if it fits as well as the pics show. And what the hell, I'm getting it, lol. But yeah, expect at least some problems from all the kits, but bottom line is like Matt said, you get what you pay for. In my, granted limited, experience with body kits for all makes, if you aren't paying around $600 to $700 for a full kit, you are probably buying a cheap, thin, easily cracked and semi warped fiberglass kit. Urethane seems to cost anywhere between $700 and $1000, and may be a better way to go, but I've seen some urethane kits go all out of shape when they sit in the sun. Some stuctural foam could help this though. I'm not saying go out and buy the most expensive kit you can find, just to do your homework before you buy. Beware of people selling body kits, when they are all picturing the same car in their advertisements. Chances are, if they are copying someone elses ad, they are copying their kit also. Lots of peeps will buy kits from other people, take it make a mold, and start popping out their own kits. Problem is, that with each of these "re-molded" kits, the fitment issues tend to get worse. Shop smart, ask questions, and be prepared to do some body work, or if you can't do it yourself, to pay someone else to do it. Plan on spending some time on it. A body kit doesn't just go on and fit like the factory fascias. Plan on some test fitting, a little modding, and stuff to get each piece on. I plan on reinforcing mine with mild steel tubing strut bars and some extra fiberglass to make the fascias thicker in stress areas. Some of the before mentioned structural foam wouldn't hurt to hold down vibration either. As I said, plan on some time, it's going to take a bit to get it right. I'm going to extremes, but I plan to drive may car a lot, and don't want someone to pull up to me on the interstate and see my front fascia wiggling around. Shop around, ask questions, find a body shop, see what their issues are going to be, find a kit for a good price, buy it and spend some time with it. Good luck. :wink:

Oh, and watch 8ggalant, he's anti-body kit, so he might have you buying SDS or something instead, lol. J/K! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

8ggalant
01-01-2004, 04:20 PM
wellllll...u do have a point.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif yea animal...motor work 1st :wink: j/k

NYmagicstk
03-30-2004, 10:50 PM
I found three different body kits for 8G galants @ www.nopi.com. They aren't the cheapest, but unless anyone can recommend a better spot to me, I'm going to buy mine from there.

DryBear
03-31-2004, 01:52 AM
http://dnaracing.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=32_1_17 ('http://dnaracing.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=32_1_17')

laosboyroy
04-01-2004, 02:12 AM
im waiting for the urethane kit or a lip kit. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

NYmagicstk
04-01-2004, 11:13 AM
You know what's funny? at the dna racing site, they call the kit cyber 1 and cyber 2... at nopi the same exact kits are erebuni shogun. It would be way easier for dumbasses like me to find body kits if the were named the same thing everywhere. UGH (frustrated) :?

Prophet
04-02-2004, 10:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NYmagicstk)</div><div class='quotemain'>You know what's funny? at the dna racing site, they call the kit cyber 1 and cyber 2... at nopi the same exact kits are erebuni shogun. It would be way easier for dumbasses like me to find body kits if the were named the same thing everywhere. Â* UGH (frustrated) :?</div>

Differnet manufactures can't call the same style by the same name. Those kits are called alot of different names....

Cyber 2, Cyber 1, Shougun, Intial V... etc...

Wolfman
04-02-2004, 02:28 PM
I would recommend you get VIS racing kit Cyber1 or 2 better quality product.

NYmagicstk
04-03-2004, 02:30 AM
So exactly how many different bodykits are available for an 8G galant, andwhat are the different ones called?

Reelax
04-03-2004, 06:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NYmagicstk)</div><div class='quotemain'>So exactly how many different bodykits are available for an 8G galant, andwhat are the different ones called?</div>

there are over 15 kits. most of them are from japan and asia and most are actually for the legnum which is the galant station wagon. the 3 u know about are just the ones that are readliy available stateside. don't even worry about the foreign kits unless you are willing to pay $1500+ (very conservative estimate) for a body kit and install since the JDM galants are slightly different from the USDM version so their kits will require modifications.

chbuzz
04-03-2004, 11:39 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would recommend you get VIS racing kit Cyber1 or 2 better quality product.</div> wolf.. you have this kit and why u recommend? quality or fitment decent?

Wolfman
04-04-2004, 11:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would recommend you get VIS racing kit Cyber1 or 2 better quality product.</div> wolf.. you have this kit and why u recommend? quality or fitment decent?</div> no I don't but I've been around long enough to get a perspective of which ones fit the best. Ebay ones really suck shitty mold that they make them most of the time. There are some out there that are good but you risk taking a chance and spend more on body work with those. Erebuni kits aren't really high quality products and are overpriced. Vis is a higher quality product using more handlaid fiberglass and there isn't any fitment problems so long as you either get a bumper reinforcement made or you take the one you have out due to the fact Vis makes the kit for JDM fitment.

chbuzz
04-04-2004, 11:59 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would recommend you get VIS racing kit Cyber1 or 2 better quality product.</div> wolf.. you have this kit and why u recommend? quality or fitment decent?</div> no I don't but I've been around long enough to get a perspective of which ones fit the best. Ebay ones really suck shitty mold that they make them most of the time. There are some out there that are good but you risk taking a chance and spend more on body work with those. Erebuni kits aren't really high quality products and are overpriced. Vis is a higher quality product using more handlaid fiberglass and there isn't any fitment problems so long as you either get a bumper reinforcement made or you take the one you have out due to the fact Vis makes the kit for JDM fitment.</div>ok.. I heard about taking the bump reinforcement (foam) out... My worries are the side skirt fitment that seems to be the biggest problem with the JDM kit in general..or not? just seems to be from what I read

Prophet
04-04-2004, 12:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would recommend you get VIS racing kit Cyber1 or 2 better quality product.</div> wolf.. you have this kit and why u recommend? quality or fitment decent?</div> no I don't but I've been around long enough to get a perspective of which ones fit the best. Ebay ones really suck shitty mold that they make them most of the time. There are some out there that are good but you risk taking a chance and spend more on body work with those. Erebuni kits aren't really high quality products and are overpriced. Vis is a higher quality product using more handlaid fiberglass and there isn't any fitment problems so long as you either get a bumper reinforcement made or you take the one you have out due to the fact Vis makes the kit for JDM fitment.</div>ok.. I heard about taking the bump reinforcement (foam) out... My worries are the side skirt fitment that seems to be the biggest problem with the JDM kit in general..or not? just seems to be from what I read</div>

The rear is where you just take out the foam. For the front impact bar you have to either make a new one or modify the stock one. Shouldn't run you no more than $100.00 on top of installation.

chbuzz
04-04-2004, 08:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would recommend you get VIS racing kit Cyber1 or 2 better quality product.</div> wolf.. you have this kit and why u recommend? quality or fitment decent?</div> no I don't but I've been around long enough to get a perspective of which ones fit the best. Ebay ones really suck shitty mold that they make them most of the time. There are some out there that are good but you risk taking a chance and spend more on body work with those. Erebuni kits aren't really high quality products and are overpriced. Vis is a higher quality product using more handlaid fiberglass and there isn't any fitment problems so long as you either get a bumper reinforcement made or you take the one you have out due to the fact Vis makes the kit for JDM fitment.</div>ok.. I heard about taking the bump reinforcement (foam) out... My worries are the side skirt fitment that seems to be the biggest problem with the JDM kit in general..or not? just seems to be from what I read</div>

The rear is where you just take out the foam. For the front impact bar you have to either make a new one or modify the stock one. Shouldn't run you no more than $100.00 on top of installation.</div>oh I thought all you had to do was remove the foam on front of the impact bar to make it fit? what exactly has to be modified then? I take it that this modifying is for the VIS kits or all JDM kits? sorry i never have taken my front bump off so I kinda want to know what kinda modifing has to be done before i buy and see if I can get around it with another kit. Thanks, Chad

Prophet
04-05-2004, 02:01 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would recommend you get VIS racing kit Cyber1 or 2 better quality product.</div> wolf.. you have this kit and why u recommend? quality or fitment decent?</div> no I don't but I've been around long enough to get a perspective of which ones fit the best. Ebay ones really suck shitty mold that they make them most of the time. There are some out there that are good but you risk taking a chance and spend more on body work with those. Erebuni kits aren't really high quality products and are overpriced. Vis is a higher quality product using more handlaid fiberglass and there isn't any fitment problems so long as you either get a bumper reinforcement made or you take the one you have out due to the fact Vis makes the kit for JDM fitment.</div>ok.. I heard about taking the bump reinforcement (foam) out... My worries are the side skirt fitment that seems to be the biggest problem with the JDM kit in general..or not? just seems to be from what I read</div>

The rear is where you just take out the foam. For the front impact bar you have to either make a new one or modify the stock one. Shouldn't run you no more than $100.00 on top of installation.</div>oh I thought all you had to do was remove the foam on front of the impact bar to make it fit? what exactly has to be modified then? I take it that this modifying is for the VIS kits or all JDM kits? sorry i never have taken my front bump off so I kinda want to know what kinda modifing has to be done before i buy and see if I can get around it with another kit. Thanks, Chad</div>

VIS kits are based off of JDM Galant's so they have a JDM fitment. The JDM Galant has a thinner front impact bar vs. the USDM Galant. So you either need to make a skinner impact bar or modify the stock one. Another thing to do is cut the actual bumper to fit over the oem bar.