PDA

View Full Version : Where can I look for chrome/silver housing JDM headlights?

e_one09
01-01-2004, 05:54 AM
I have been searching for a while now and have no luck finding it. Can anyone help?

Faction
01-01-2004, 10:44 AM
all JDM housings are smoked. try EBAY if you want JDM heads

Wolfman
01-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Not true, however you will have to look a little harder than ebay to find the chrome housing ones. Ask triggermauve or ask the person who sells the "smoked"ons ebay if they can get a hold of some. They are gonna be aftermarket so it will probably cost a little more than the black housing, but it is possible to have them. good luck.

pinoyesv6
01-01-2004, 04:32 PM
all STOCK jdm housings are black. i emailed a guy from japan inquiring wher ehe got his silver housing headlights. he got them from takakaira back in the day. back in the day when they had clear tails in stock. he said you had to give them your jdm headlights and they'd make them silver. a more resonable idea i think you can do is get a set of jdm headlights open them op and paint the black areas silver or whatever color you want.

verywhite01
01-02-2004, 04:52 AM
Ebay always has um.

Reelax
01-02-2004, 05:08 AM
yup pinoy got it... there are no after market chrome housing JDMs for the 8G. all are stock JDMs that have been opened and either chromed or painted another color (one of the famous ones is red inside); you can do this yourself since if you are planning to clear the JDM's you will have to open them up anyways since the orange reflector is held in by a screw. btw guys... the JDMs are not "smoked"; they are simply clear lensed w/ black surrounds inside... the actual bulb backing reflectors are still chrome... the easisest way to see this is the '02+ headlight housings which are very similar. a smoked housing would mean that the lenses were actually grey and they are not, they are perfectly clear. here is a close up pic so you can see what i mean:

http://raniworld.com/raaa/JDMclose.jpg