PDA

View Full Version : I Want Manual Transmission in my 8g any ideas.......

booger318
01-02-2004, 06:57 AM
hey me and my friend just put in his manual transmission on his 65 stang and it was so easy we did a really good job and the shit looks real good and i drove it and its a totaly different feel than auto... i drive stick now easily so i want my ride to be stick now... so im lookin for anyone who knows anything of where to buy the manual transmission for the 8g i need a direct match it cant be all shitty rigged. if anyone knows of anyone who acomplished this or if anyone knows what parts i would need, please it would be a big big help to me so just do me a favor and post your thoughts... oh by the way are gtz's manual.... if not wtf is the big fus about em cuz i burned one in my ES, so let me kno thanks!

Elwenil
01-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Yes, a manual from a 2000 and up Eclipse will work. Do a search, there is tons of info on this topic. A few people have already done this swap. And if you burnt a GTZ with an I4 ES, then the GTZ wasn't trying. If you have an ES V6, then maybe I could understand it.

booger318
01-02-2004, 01:28 PM
yea i burnt that asshole hard man i have a v6 and theres no difference in either of the cars if there is i would love to kno what it is... i dont see the difference and i sure as hell dont hear of one either..

8ggalant
01-02-2004, 01:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(booger318)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea i burnt that asshole hard man i have a v6 and theres no difference in either of the cars if there is i would love to kno what it is... i dont see the difference and i sure as hell dont hear of Â*one either..</div>

the only diff with the gtz is a sportier suspension and its fully loaded the motor is the same and i think theres a few diffs on the exterior too if im not mistaken

peanotation
01-02-2004, 01:34 PM
the only 8Gs that have 5spds are the DE models, and very very few of those were produced, not enough to even search for.

VegasMatt
01-02-2004, 02:17 PM
I am wanting to do the swap on my SDS V6, and I am just looking for the parts off an eclipse. Ive been serching around.

Nice Sig by the way Peanot. I was laughin so hard.

01-02-2004, 07:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(booger318)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey me and my friend just put in his manual transmission on his 65 stang and it was so easy we did a really good job and the shit looks real good and i drove it and its a totaly different feel than auto... i drive stick now easily so i want my ride to be stick now... so im lookin for anyone who knows anything of where to buy the manual transmission for the 8g i need a direct match it cant be all shitty rigged. if anyone knows of anyone who acomplished this or if anyone knows what parts i would need, please it would be a big big help to me so just do me a favor and post your thoughts... oh by the way are gtz's manual.... if not wtf is the big fus about em cuz i burned one in my ES, so let me kno thanks!</div>
good god! punctuation, man, punctuation!

you have an es, and you burned a GTZ? I'd like to run your ES sometime then... :roll:

Wolfman
01-02-2004, 08:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(booger318)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey me and my friend just put in his manual transmission on his 65 stang and it was so easy we did a really good job and the shit looks real good and i drove it and its a totaly different feel than auto... i drive stick now easily so i want my ride to be stick now... so im lookin for anyone who knows anything of where to buy the manual transmission for the 8g i need a direct match it cant be all shitty rigged. if anyone knows of anyone who acomplished this or if anyone knows what parts i would need, please it would be a big big help to me so just do me a favor and post your thoughts... oh by the way are gtz's manual.... if not wtf is the big fus about em cuz i burned one in my ES, so let me kno thanks!</div>
good god! punctuation, man, punctuation!

you have an es, and you burned a GTZ? I'd like to run your ES sometime then... :roll:</div>

Theres nothin special about a GTZ scootin, like 8g galant said it just has a sportier suspension. Same motor same everything else, just different spring rate probably. So don't worry they were almost the same car.

booger318
01-03-2004, 09:44 AM
yea i was just wondering if i grab the whole kit everything i need from the eclipse v6 since i have an 8g v6 is the tranny a direct bolt on or are there mods like welding and programing to the ecu thats hard to do. becuase me and my friends have done an old car but that was a direct bolt on no hidden suprises... so if anyone who has done this could u please tell me if there is any diffuclty doing this or is it simply take out and replace? please reply thanks...

Stewi
01-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Its not EXACTLY a direct bolt on but its not too difficult. The hardest part is gonna be cutting the hole for the clutch pedal and master cylinder, its gotta line up perfectly. You also have to use the ECU from a Eclipse GT, but its not too hard to re-pin the ECU harness, maybe about an hour of wiring. Check out the list of parts I made in this forum on the other 5 speed swap posts. I amde a list for Vegas Matt, he also has a V6. For parts alone its prolly gonna cost somewhere between $1200 and $1800. Which isnt really that bad if you think about it, ocne you get up and running you can sell all your old auto tranny stuff.