PDA

View Full Version : Performance parts for 8G V6 i need help......

booger318
01-04-2004, 02:31 AM
yea i have all these ideas i want to do alot to my ride. the list goes like this: 5spd manual trans swap, catback system, highflow cat or no cat, midpipe, headers, and intake. so far i have the intake that shit is easy easy easy took 10 minutes to put in. i have a 2000 Galant ES V6. i have no idea where to look for the products i want the only cat back system i found was from obx and its called the type h, the website i found it on was tunningdepot.com they dont have it in stock though. all the other parts i cant find im not even stating the work i want to do to my engine such as bored pistons, and cams maybe even a turbo not sure i hear to much pressure is bad but well see... i need ideas quick also if anyone has the pics of their 5 spd tranny swap id love to see how it looks i kno head ache did it but i cant get in touch with him so if anyone else did it id love to see the pics thanks alot guys....

Prophet
01-04-2004, 03:59 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(booger318)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea i have all these ideas i want to do alot to my ride. the list goes like this: 5spd manual trans swap, catback system, highflow cat or no cat, midpipe, headers, and intake. so far i have the intake that shit is easy easy easy took 10 minutes to put in. i have a 2000 Galant ES V6. i have no idea where to look for the products i want the only cat back system i found was from obx and its called the type h, the website i found it on was tunningdepot.com they dont have it in stock though. all the other parts i cant find im not even stating the work i want to do to my engine such as bored pistons, and cams maybe even a turbo not sure i hear to much pressure is bad but well see... i need ideas quick also if anyone has the pics of their 5 spd tranny swap id love to see how it looks i kno head ache did it but i cant get in touch with him so if anyone else did it id love to see the pics thanks alot guys....</div>

There are no cat backs made for the Galant and if OBX has a listing for it, it will probably be in development for awile. This has been the first time I heard of this. I know Injen said there making one too but that will be awile too. Your best bet is to use a universal muffler and have a shop custom bend you some pipes. I know there is a couple of GB's going on for a 2G Stratus claiming to fit a 8G Galant but no one is 100% sure that this will fit. You can also get a 3G Eclipse cat back. They have the same bends but you will need to cut and add about 10 inches of pipe to it.

As far as a 5 speed swap the only member that I know of that did this swap is Headache. You might have a better chance catching him at GF: www.galantforums.com

Now for FI. You might want to look into a SDS from RIPP mods:
http://www.rippmods.com/ ('http://www.rippmods.com/')

Now before anyone hits you with this.. Do a search. These questions have come up before. I am bored and I personally don't mind helping. :wink:

Good Luck!