PDA

View Full Version : Jiggly / Bouncy ride on front driver's side.

brandon
09-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Hey guys,

Background first... I have coilovers on my car, no aftermarket struts in the front, only in the back....

Lately I noticed on the front driver's side strut area there's been some shock grease showing up out and around the strut behind the wheel... in that time I've been noticing the grease, the ride has gotten a whole lot more jiggly on that side of the car when going over bumps or potholes.

Is this a strut problem? Is my coilover on it's way out? Is it the control arm? Ball joints?

Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure if I provided enough info though, so holla back.

miragal
09-19-2002, 04:00 PM
Time for new shocks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

pinoyesv6
09-19-2002, 04:22 PM
your struts are leaking im guessing. time to save up money for some new ones. well actually, time to break open the bank and get some

Jesse
09-20-2002, 11:58 AM
All you guys are aware of the recal on the 7g for front lower ball joints right? I just had mine serviced for free on Tuesday. He said they were crap too, good time to get them fixed.

Also yeah, get some better front struts.

cantbeatmy97
09-28-2002, 02:59 PM
most likely its goin to be yur shock if it bounces more than 2 times its the shock

Dark Anghell
09-28-2002, 11:12 PM
whoah, there's a recall again?!?! Wasn't there one last year? Where can I get more info?

MitsuMan
09-30-2002, 11:04 AM
its the same recall as last year P