PDA

View Full Version : Side Markers, Add-on LED signals

DrAmACiDaL4G64
01-05-2004, 08:04 PM
The other day I saw a badass black galant dropped with sidemarkers but we dont have them so im guessing they had to be custom-done i saw (univeral) side-markers in pepboys but i think they're just replacement for cars that already had them I also saw real small stick on lights but I dont know if id put them in the actual headlight assembly and i have no idea of how to conceal the wires.... Any suggestions on some DIYs for this... I'm just thinking of stuff like this to go along with clearing the corners I would like to go green lights but since its illegal (I Think in IL) im gonna go amber 1157 signals and some add on greens... Get at me

J
01-06-2004, 12:38 AM
just go to top speed and buy some sidemarkers and you can have william install it for you there for pretty cheap. no probs.

topspeed is on archer and loomis in chicago, 60608.

i think , not positive, but sidemarkers are like 30 bux.

Fishboy55
01-06-2004, 06:09 AM
Yea, I paid like $25 for my LED sidemarkers. They're a breeze to install once you get past the initial fear of drilling a hole in your fender. Once you remove the wheel and the inner fender cover, wiring them is just a matter of running the wires up the harness channel to your sidemarker lights.

TheRealDeal
01-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Yeah sidemarkers are not that hard to install.

DrAmACiDaL4G64
01-06-2004, 09:59 AM
yeah thats my fear right there is drilling holes in my car... my luck ill fuck it all up... Thanx J I know where thats at. How much do u think itd cost for the install?

pinoyesv6
01-06-2004, 10:17 AM
shops around here charge 30-60 dollars to install sidemarkers.

but yea if you're gonna do it yourself. i suggest getting a piece of carboard or heavy paper and makeing a templeate. a template of the the sidemarker. so you know what shape of hole you are gonna cut. also you can use that templte to help decide where the sidemarker would be. just hold it onto the car with masking tape, step back and see if you like it there. if not, move it around.

bam462
01-06-2004, 07:18 PM
i got jdm sidemakers and am instaling them when it gets a little warmer but if i was going to do it again id get a set from BMW (the ones that are shaped like triangles)

Serstylz2
02-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Pics of a sidemarker install? Removing the wheel and fender cover? I like to be positive before jumping into projects

chauGTZ
02-19-2004, 06:49 PM
ya go to topspeed they do a good job...i actually got mine at cybertek its right by topspeed(not sure if its around still) but ya they both do a pretty good job, mine cost 50 for both sidemarkers and install

Monkey
02-20-2004, 10:33 AM
I got those bmw side markers and the only thing I can say is be aware that most of the afermarket shops don't include the wire harness and the universal 1157 or 194 harness do not fit on the beamer side markers. You'll have to go to the dealership or a junkyard.

I basically did what pinoy said, made a template from a manilla folder at work... Actually, did most of the prep work at work! Drilled a hole , dremel excess, nail polish coat to exposed metal and booya!! Perfect fit! Popped right in! Wiring was done to the turn signal in headlights... simple, one wire hot, one wire ground!

djScript
02-20-2004, 11:50 AM
Pics of a sidemarker install? Removing the wheel and fender cover? I like to be positive before jumping into projects

you don't have to remove the wheel and fender cover if you have a fish tape. wire hanger will also do.