PDA

View Full Version : Intake

Kittle99ES
09-19-2002, 04:15 PM
Due to someone throwing out my oem intake, my friend owes me a new intake. I don't want to go with cold air, due to that I live in Seattle, and it gets kinda rainy. I'm not sure which one I want to get. Any help would be great.

G-Ride
09-19-2002, 04:18 PM
Well, I live in seattle too and I use Ingen Race Division CAI. I haven't seen any problems with water getting in. But then again, it really hasn't rained much here lately..

Supernova
09-19-2002, 04:24 PM
Water hurts it it? o.0 How much would it take to do damage?

pinoyesv6
09-19-2002, 04:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>Water hurts it it? o.0 Â*How much would it take to do damage?</div>

1 cup into the combustion chamber

but uhm you might wanna look into the AEm cai. adventon.com has it for 200 dollars approx. and then you can shell out a lil bit more money for a bypass valve and you're worries are gone

Lazarus
09-19-2002, 05:31 PM
Injen doesn't have a bypass as of yet but there spokes person said that they are due to come out with one next spring.

BGR
09-19-2002, 06:40 PM
You can adapt the AEM by pass valves onto other intake systems. Just make sure you buy the correct diamter BPV. Like that generic CP intake system I have, I can put a 2 3/4" AEM BPV on it.

Auto-9
09-19-2002, 06:57 PM
Just remember though no guarantees...so far both V6 Eclipses I've seen had problems when the AEM bypass failed with their Injen CAIs.

pinoyesv6
09-19-2002, 07:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just remember though no guarantees...so far both V6 Eclipses I've seen had problems when the AEM bypass failed with their Injen CAIs.</div>

that totally doesn't make sense...but hey, if its been proven then im not gonna complain

BlueESV6
09-19-2002, 08:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just remember though no guarantees...so far both V6 Eclipses I've seen had problems when the AEM bypass failed with their Injen CAIs.</div>

Really?? What happened?

Auto-9
09-19-2002, 09:30 PM
It still sucked in water past the valve. For some reason the bypass valve didn't work for them, I dunno if it's a fluke or what...I haven't seen a car using Injen with the AEM bypass valve work yet, so I don't know if it's 100% guaranteed to fail or what...just be safe https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Supernova
09-19-2002, 10:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>Water hurts it it? o.0 Â*How much would it take to do damage?</div>

1 cup into the combustion chamber

but uhm you might wanna look into the AEm cai. adventon.com has it for 200 dollars approx. and then you can shell out a lil bit more money for a bypass valve and you're worries are gone</div>

Hmmmm, I will have to check into this...

skat6760
09-19-2002, 10:42 PM
From the e-mail that I recieved today from injen, they will be coming out with a bypass valve sometime in November.