PDA

View Full Version : ENGINE SWAP

xskiesaregreyx
01-09-2004, 07:19 AM
i wanted to swap my i4 2.4L engine in my ES galant, with the V6 twin turbo thats in the new vr4's....anyone know how i can go about doing this, and will it even fit?

8ggalant
01-09-2004, 09:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xskiesaregreyx)</div><div class='quotemain'>i wanted to swap my i4 2.4L engine in my ES galant, with the V6 twin turbo thats in the new vr4's....anyone know how i can go about doing this, and will it even fit?</div>

SEARCH....now to answerr yer question "anything is possible with money" now to the real answer...not worth it imo...a member on this board has already tried this...he ended up buying an imported vr4....and now he has a spare motor (or 2 haha)....but imo its not worth....if u have enuf to do all the cuztomization u probly have enuf to get one imported...do the research its not that bad actually....and next time ...up at the top of the page...the word search...click it...it'll show u everything u need to kno :wink:

BigMike
01-09-2004, 10:27 AM
well i have a 6a13tt with ecu and awd AT, and it will fit, but you need to get a reartransaxle from an EVO 8 if you want the AWD. It can be done, but I haven't started yet. You will need to find the right ppl that know what they are doing first, then go from there...

Stewi
01-10-2004, 09:37 AM
If you are gonna use the motor from the new VR4 it prolly wouldnt be worth the trouble, unless it was a 6a13TT from an older VR4. If you want twin turbo, just get a V6 galant motor, get both exhaust manifolds off of a 3000GT and run twins. Then get your basic intercooler, injectors, yada yada yada, and use a 5 speed from a 3g Eclipse GT. It wouldnt be worth getting the VR4 motor UNLESS your also gonna do an AWD swap.

pinoyesv6
01-11-2004, 11:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you are gonna use the motor from the new VR4 it prolly wouldnt be worth the trouble, unless it was a 6a13TT from an older VR4. If you want twin turbo, just get a V6 galant motor, get both exhaust manifolds off of a 3000GT and run twins. Then get your basic intercooler, injectors, yada yada yada, and use a 5 speed from a 3g Eclipse GT. It wouldnt be worth getting the VR4 motor UNLESS your also gonna do an AWD swap.</div>

and that would still be expensive. with the prices of today's 8g galants getting lower vs today's labor rates going higher, it would be more economically better to just trade in the ole i4 for a v6. and most likely it would run better than if you were to just swap the usdm v6 into the i4 galant.

and what new vr4 are u talking about?? there isn't a 9g vr4. the 8g vr4 had the 6a13tt and then the 7g had the 6a12tt and then the 6g gad the 4g63

xskiesaregreyx
01-13-2004, 08:04 AM
sorry about not searching....i totally forgot and thought about it after i posted....and pinoyesv6, i was talking about the 8g vr4, sorry i didnt specify....i actually just looked into it myself, and it looks like ill just be upgrading to an 8g gtz instead....but thanks for the info