PDA

View Full Version : My body kit and JDM tailights!

GregRabbit
01-10-2004, 08:53 AM
I just got my body kit and tailights in wich I am very excited, but I dont know how to install either one, and by the way my body kit has like chips missing and some small tiny cracks, did any one have this w/their body kits? also anyone know were I can get my body kit install if I dont install myself? I live in Chicago, IL in the Suburbs. Thanks for any help.

logride
01-10-2004, 09:13 AM
sounds tight, cant wait to see it. im assuming the body kit is fg. if so chips and scratches are almost expected. its ok if u take it to a body shop they will smooth everything out before they paint it. i would deffnitely let a body shop install it so they can do this. good luck

J
01-10-2004, 12:44 PM
i know a couple of body shops that would install it.

i'm assuming you got the JDM bumper. in which case, some modification will need to be done to mount it to the car.

anyway, depending on which burb. you can go to bodywerks and spend an arm and a leg. but they do good work.

Niytrus
01-10-2004, 01:37 PM
looks like no one mentioned the tails, so ill explain that. its simple so you can do it yourself. what you want to do is go into the trunk, pull back the carpet where the taillights are. You will see how it is held in, and will have to remove about 3 bolts i believe. Do that, disconnect the taillight wires, and thats basicly it. Im not sure if theres anything else for JDM's, but I believe that should be it. Someone correct me if im wrong, or if there is an additional harness or something required.

chauGTZ
01-10-2004, 04:33 PM
try www.bodywerksauto.com they do some pretty good work and also comes with a lifetime warrenty on the work and paint

GregRabbit
01-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks J I am goin to call them on monday and see how much or do you have a idea? also I bought the bumper from street motorsports they said it was usdm so I hope its easy? Also on the JDM tails do you think I should install them before the body kit is installed? or do it know?

/

GregRabbit
01-10-2004, 09:22 PM
sorry I forgot to mention thank chauGTZ!

pinoyesv6
01-11-2004, 11:41 AM
first of all, install the jdm tails after the body kit is installed. the housings are the same size as the usdm tails so you have no problem putting them in. but yea put them in after cuz ur gonna be in trouble if an "accident" occurs in the body shop and something happens to ur jdm tails.

as for the install, well the housings bolt on just right. its the lighting thats gonna be ur problem. chances are you don't have a jdm taillight harness, so you're gonna have to modify the one you have. you have to enlarge the openings for the bulbs to accept the usdm bulbs and then add another socket. the usdm tails uses 3 bulbs with one of the bulbs being the parking and the brake light. the jdm tails seperate those, thats why u have to add another socket and bulb

GregRabbit
01-11-2004, 07:49 PM
hey pinoy how do I seperate them? or what do I need to buy for that? Aslo by the way thanks for everyone who is helping me!

DarkLateNight
03-08-2004, 07:01 PM
how bout i bump this up - i need to install my JDMs

Reelax
03-09-2004, 12:34 AM
search and you shall find...

http://66.98.150.64/~clubtgc/forum/viewtopic.php?t=598 ('http://66.98.150.64/~clubtgc/forum/viewtopic.php?t=598')