PDA

View Full Version : New member Please help !!!!

03blkesv6
01-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Hi Guys and gals,

I am member of the club3g.org. I have a 2001 eclipse GT. My g/f recently bought a 2003 ES V6. The dealer ship said that the car didn't come with ABS. But anywhere on the internet, ABS is mentioned as the standard feature for the 2003 ES V6. I'm kinda confused. The car didn't come with the spoiler either. The scary part was, when I insured the galant, the insurance company took the VIN # and told me that the car has ABS according to the VIN # but the car doesn't have ABS. Can anyone here help me out. Does a 2003 Galant ES V6 comes with standard ABS? Am I getting fucked up by my dealer here?

Thanks,
Sang.

Marky
01-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Yes sounds like the dealer is trying to screw you over happends all the time. Call Misubishi headquarters here is the number 888-648-7820
and tell them the problem your haveing and they will hook you up.
I had this problem a little while back the dealer was trying to tell me struts was not under warranty I called headquarters and they sent me to another dealership in ny area and they changed my struts.

Anyway let me know how it goes

pinoyesv6
01-12-2004, 06:22 PM
does ur gf still have the window sticker?? that will say it if she still has it.

but yea i have a 2k ES, i have no options on it, steel wheels, no sunroof, no spoiler, no leather, no premium anything. the only thing that my ES had that was optional was the motor and i went with the v6. and yea, i have abs. but no traction control. maybe thats what the dealer was confuzed about.

speaking of that, maybe check the fuse box. no abs would mean no abs fuse right??

and yea, on the 02 and 03 galants, the factory spoiler was an option on all trim levels. previously it was standard on some trim levels and not on tothers

peanotation
01-12-2004, 07:14 PM
wow, you're the first nice eclipse owner i've seen off club3g, try to make everyone else there nicer too :wink:

Elwenil
01-12-2004, 09:24 PM
I thought the ABS cars had 4 wheel discs? If a disc/drum combo exists with ABS, I haven't seen one yet. As well, I have not seen a 4 wheel disc car that didn't have ABS. I might be wrong, but if that's right, it would be easy to tell. Also you could just look for the ABS controller. If there's no big box under the master cylinder somewhere with brake lines leading in and out of it, then that's a pretty good indicator also.