PDA

View Full Version : IS THIS TO MUSHOULD I KEEP ON BIDDIN?

SexyGalant2000
01-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Im currently biddin on a set of cleared out headlights for my 20008G, on Ebay. Im currently biddin a $122.50, I that to much or should i keep biddin. Concidering i dunno how to clear them myself, and no Car shop will touch it. So should i keep on biddin, and what is the max $$ i should stop at. Need some in put :wink:

peanotation
01-12-2004, 05:50 PM
the hardest part about clearing them is getting the housings out of the car. if you're buying new cleared housings, you're going to have to take the old ones out and put the new ones in, so you're going to have to go through the hardest part anyways. might as well take your stock ones out and clear them yourself.

pinoyesv6
01-12-2004, 05:52 PM
are you paying for the set of cleared corners or just for the service. read the fine print, sometimes they get u on that. if its for the actaul headlights, and u keep these, then it looks like a fair price to me if they are not damaged. but if its jsut for the service, way too much. i know denver used to do that stuff for like 50 bucks,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>the hardest part about clearing them is getting the housings out of the car. if you're buying new cleared housings, you're going to have to take the old ones out and put the new ones in, so you're going to have to go through the hardest part anyways. might as well take your stock ones out and clear them yourself. </div>

taking out the oem headlights seems easy to me. the grille on the 8g clips in just push down on the clips to remove the clips. there's 6 on the 99-01 galants. and then 4 10mm bolts hold the headlight. two in front, one on top and one near the turn signal. other than that, everything else just pulls out

SexyGalant2000
01-12-2004, 05:55 PM
well i was going to have denver do it, he wanted 40 bucks, but getting to him is a pain in the ass, with my schedule. But no the 122.50 is for the whole head light, no just for service. The thing i dunno how to do is actually clear it out. I dont wanna break n-e-thing ya know

SexyGalant2000
01-12-2004, 06:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>are you paying for the set of cleared corners or just for the service. read the fine print, sometimes they get u on that. if its for the actaul headlights, and u keep these, then it looks like a fair price to me if they are not damaged. but if its jsut for the service, way too much. i know denver used to do that stuff for like 50 bucks,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>the hardest part about clearing them is getting the housings out of the car. if you're buying new cleared housings, you're going to have to take the old ones out and put the new ones in, so you're going to have to go through the hardest part anyways. might as well take your stock ones out and clear them yourself. </div>

taking out the oem headlights seems easy to me. the grille on the 8g clips in just push down on the clips to remove the clips. there's 6 on the 99-01 galants. and then 4 10mm bolts hold the headlight. two in front, one on top and one near the turn signal. other than that, everything else just pulls out</div>
that doesnt sound to hard, so then how do u actually take out the orange part on the corna?

snipe99
01-12-2004, 06:10 PM
hey man im 16 and i did it myself and there right the hardest part is getting them out of the housing. but thtere is a turtorial out somewhere with pics ill try to find

SexyGalant2000
01-12-2004, 06:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snipe99)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey man im 16 and i did it myself and there right the hardest part is getting them out of the housing. Â* but thtere is a turtorial out somewhere with pics ill try to find</div>
Thanks hun. i had the tutorial, then my comp got a virus so i lost it. If u could find it would be great. Bye the way, Im a girl :wink:

Wolfman
01-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Its right here: http://66.98.150.64/~clubtgc/forum/viewtop...52bd21b2bdbed2c ('http://66.98.150.64/~clubtgc/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19230&sid=67527c4e8592cb15752bd21b2bdbed2c')

SexyGalant2000
01-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Thank u wolfman, that one is alot betta then the one i had :wink: Thank u to the rest of u also https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

snipe99
01-12-2004, 07:12 PM
oh " hey man " was meant as an expression not as a gender refrence. anyway good luck with ur corners looks like wolfman beat me to the turtorial good luck

Sarah
01-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Good Luck....when I had my G, my husband cleared my corners as a surprise! The worst that can happen(well not the worst but......) is you'll end up with a few scratches that are practically invisible to the naked eye and can only be seen when you are eye to headlight and someone says " Look at those scratches that I got from clearing out my corners"
He said it was fairly easy, but took him about an hour, hour and 15 minutes. Josh (2low4afathoe) has these cool dental pick looking things, and we actually took pictures of him clearing corners at one of our CT meets. He made it look so easy!!

Whenever I get another Galant, Im going to have him clear my corners. I mean Todd did a good job, but Josh is like professional

SexyGalant2000
01-12-2004, 10:26 PM
oh " hey man " was meant as an expression not as a gender refrence. anyway good luck with ur corners looks like wolfman beat me to the turtorial good luck
Its ok, but thank u for your input https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

SexyGalant2000
01-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Good Luck....when I had my G, my husband cleared my corners as a surprise! The worst that can happen(well not the worst but......) is you'll end up with a few scratches that are practically invisible to the naked eye and can only be seen when you are eye to headlight and someone says " Look at those scratches that I got from clearing out my corners"
He said it was fairly easy, but took him about an hour, hour and 15 minutes. Josh (2low4afathoe) has these cool dental pick looking things, and we actually took pictures of him clearing corners at one of our CT meets. He made it look so easy!!

Whenever I get another Galant, Im going to have him clear my corners. I mean Todd did a good job, but Josh is like professional
Thank u sarah. Ur car is hot. where did u get your taillights i want them BADLY as well

chauGTZ
01-12-2004, 11:23 PM
if you really want some pre made cleared headlights i have a set for sale $75 shipped to your door

Sarah
01-13-2004, 03:59 PM
I got my tailights through a group buy here A LONG time ago, and even at the group buy price they were $300

I don't have my car anymore :cry: and I have one tailight which is primarly used as household decoration!

I liked them because they made my car look different without being too weird.

If you want to searxh ebay or whatever, they are 2nd gen JDM tailights, maybe you might find a pair cheap, installation is easy, but you have to do some rewiring , or you can ghetto rig them like i had them.

SexyGalant2000
01-13-2004, 08:09 PM
I got my tailights through a group buy here A LONG time ago, and even at the group buy price they were $300

I don't have my car anymore :cry: and I have one tailight which is primarly used as household decoration!

I liked them because they made my car look different without being too weird.

If you want to searxh ebay or whatever, they are 2nd gen JDM tailights, maybe you might find a pair cheap, installation is easy, but you have to do some rewiring , or you can ghetto rig them like i had them.

Hey guys i got the cornas done today im so excited!!!!!! We followed the tutorial, and got it done today, So i retracted the bids. So thanx Guys!

Hey Sarah, Yea i have been lookin on Ebay for them. So far there are a pair of 3rd generation and 2nd generation. i prefer the 2nd like u had. The buying price is $200 with shippin at $57.00 for both of them, so i think i might snatch up those 2nd G's. Thank u for being so informative!!!!

CustomMotto
01-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Now you can buy everyone dinner with all that extra cash https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

SexyGalant2000
01-14-2004, 11:50 PM
Now you can buy everyone dinner with all that extra cash https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif oh yea