PDA

View Full Version : Headlight problem

Mathas
01-14-2004, 05:41 PM
I'll start by saying I'm not exactly knowledgable about these things, so it could very well be something simple.

My problem is that the driver's side headlight doesn't come on during normal driving. The hi-beams work on both sides, but when I just turn the headlights on like normal, driver's side doesn't work.

Also, the corner bulb on the drivers side does NOT flash when I activate my factory keyless entry, but it DOES light up with the headlights turned on.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Reelax
01-14-2004, 05:44 PM
check the bulbs then check the fuses. there are 2 fuse boxes, 1 under the hood and 1 between the driver door and the dash.

pinoyesv6
01-14-2004, 08:57 PM
check the wiring also. a damaged wire could also cause the power to that one low beam to not get to the bulb.

as for the corner lights. it could be two things. first of all, it might be the way your keylesss entry is set. you can set your keyless entry. to flash to honk or both. the flash could just have been turned off. another thing could be is maybe the wiring for the corner bulb. the corner bulb has two filiments. one filiment for the parking and one for the turn signal. when you turn on the headlights, the parking filiment comes on. and then when u use ur turn signal, the other, brighter filiment turns on and flashes. well, when u use your keyless entry and it flashes, it uses the turn signal filiment. so you might not be getting power to that. so you might want to check the wiring for that too

8ggalant
01-14-2004, 09:00 PM
it also could be the filament...the h4 bulb is a dual filament....one for high beam and one for low beam (if im not mistaken...this is what i was told)

VIO
01-14-2004, 10:03 PM
it also could be the filament...the h4 bulb is a dual filament....one for high beam and one for low beam (if im not mistaken...this is what i was told)

you're not mistaken. i was thinking the same thing. the blub is the first thing i would look at.