PDA

View Full Version : Order of Mods to my car

The 99 Galant
01-15-2004, 01:25 AM
OK, i think i'm going to start putting stuff to my car now that i'm almost finished with the audio. I was planning on going this order.

1.Intake
2.Spark plugs and Wires
3.Exhaust
4.Injectors
5.Brake Pads
6.Wheels

I don't want too much in it just enough to give a little more HP and make it run like a charm. Like better gas mileage and enough HP to speed me along. Don't need something showy but don't wan it ghetto either. Should I get my stuff off ebay, like intake and exhaust?

Reelax
01-15-2004, 03:03 AM
ok here's the order that i would go in:

1. exhaust
2. intake
3. drop (please don't get wheels and not drop the car)
4. wheels / tires
5. brake pads

you won't need plugs and wires or injectors until you go to nitrous, turbo or blower.

pinoyesv6
01-15-2004, 10:52 AM
first of all, i'd go with what you need first. for example, my tires are starting to go bald, so for me wheels would go first.

then i'd go with what i think is the weakest part of my car. for example after the wheels, i'd see my car looks hideous with the big wheels and no drop, so drop would be next on the list for me.

and go on from there

depending what you'd include in an exhaust, i might go with an intake first. if its just slapping on a muffler, then i'd go with the intake first. but if you're adding more like headers or a nice downpipe, then yea exhaust first. just cause, i felt more gain with an intake than just slapping on a muffler, and with ur adio str8, you won't hear ur exhaust all that much. but if ur going for looks with a muffler, then yea get that first. a nice aftermarket muffler looks better than the stock one.

as for shopping wth ebay, you can find some nice deals on ebay. but mostly i'd be careful with ebay. like with intakes, you don't have that much of a problem, most of them work, you're just looking at brands mostly. same design on most of them. exhaust, i'd be careful. there are some good ebay mufflers and then there are some really shitty ones. as for springs, you can shop ebay but only buy the big brands like eibach, h&r and etc. the ebay brand springs suck for our cars.