PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding stuff at stores

The 99 Galant
01-15-2004, 01:52 AM
ok, where and what department do you find plexiglass, acrylic pieces to make eyebrows for your headlights, and acrylic rods for the DIY Angel eyes thread? Thanks

TITAN
01-15-2004, 09:05 AM
probably all that can be found at you neighborhood Home Depot. Just call them and ask. If they dont have, ask them where they would recommend going.

pinoyesv6
01-15-2004, 11:04 AM
plexiglass. if you want some really really thin stuff. the craft store. usually around the stained glass. people sometimes use it to make fake stained glass. if you want to step up a lil thicker, go to the hardware store. home depot and lowe's for example. they usuallly keep it next to the glass. andthats usually in the lumber section of the store, somewhere near the doors and windows. ask sum1 there if you're having trouble, different stores have different layouts.
i see you're making eyebrows out of the acrylic. i'd buy a small sheet if you haven't worked with it before. plexiglas can be a lil tricky to work with. so you might want to buy a small sheet and practice bending since it can be expensive for the bigger pieces.

as for the acrylic rods, well, the ones the hardware store is gonna have is gonna have them listed for those vertical blinds. its in the same aisle as the vertical blinds. usually next to where their repair parts for the binds are

The 99 Galant
01-16-2004, 12:10 AM
damn i feel like i should just become a contractor or some guy who works on building houses. I've spent so much time at Lowes and HD looking at tools and all. Guess i'll be back over there. And then there's the time when i go to the old womens craft store for fleece and stuff and they look at me funny. O well, happy tuning for me!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif