PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!!

oscar the boxer
01-15-2004, 02:27 PM
I just backed my car into a mother fucking tree and ripped my side mirror off :evil: :evil: :evil:

Does anyone know where the hell I can get another mirror from or what about after market...I am soo damn pissed right now its unbelievable. my whole front left fender is fucked as well. I have had a run of bad luck for over a year now and it just keeps coming....please help..... :barf:

TITAN
01-15-2004, 02:46 PM
I have some M3 style mirrors. they are black and actually for the 97 accord, but they are very similar and many other members on here have installed them on there G's.

here they are on seths G...

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/421000-421999/421568_35.jpg

and here is another angle...

http://images.andale.com/f2/118/100/11257562/1071959764625_RM_M3286_B.jpg

<span style='color:red'>I will ship them to you for $55. Thats the same that I bought them for.</span>

TITAN
01-15-2004, 02:57 PM
[quote=dark_roots.....redrunk]I have some M3 style mirrors. they are black and actually for the 97 accord, but they are very similar and many other members on here have installed them on there G's.

here they are on seths G...

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/421000-421999/421568_35.jpg

and here is another angle...

http://images.andale.com/f2/118/100/11257562/1071959764625_RM_M3286_B.jpg

<span style='color:red'>I will ship them to you for $55. Thats the same that I bought them for.</span>

also, they are brand new. I just have not had time to put them on my car yet. i might get them at a later date, but I still have BOTH my side mirrors, so its not a priority for me :twisted:

take it easy on the G ride too!

oscar the boxer
01-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks for getting back with me....its been a rough day. Do these mirrors bolt right up or do I have to do some modifications? What is the story with the lights on the side of the mirrors, do they stay on all the time or only when your blinker turns on? thanks for the info and I am considering them.

Wolfman
01-15-2004, 06:32 PM
If you run them to your blinker wire they'll blink. If you run them to yoru parking lights they'll stay on all the time with your parking lights. That is all sorry you had a rough day. If you want some new fenders Jason is running a gb at GF for fenders that look like this. they will be $199.00 shipped. http://www.dnaracing.net/private/misc/vent_001.jpg

cremeofthecrop
01-15-2004, 06:44 PM
i like the fenders though is the price for the pair or for just one?

pinoyesv6
01-15-2004, 09:04 PM
my LED lights on my mirrors are connected to both my turn signals and my parking lights. so when im driving, there's an amber light on the mirror and then when i turn a brighter amber LED blinks in a running pattern. i dunno if the ones dark_roots.....redrunk is selling is like that but thats the way mine are.

as for the power mirrors, i've seen power accord mirrors that allow you to move in all four directions. they run off 4 wires, just like our mirrors. so try to look for that when purchasing it.

and make sure you get left hand drive mirrors. if you get right hand drive mirrors, you are gonna have to replace the galss mirror.

TITAN
01-15-2004, 10:16 PM
If you run them to your blinker wire they'll blink. If you run them to yoru parking lights they'll stay on all the time with your parking lights. Also I have heard that with these, if you get the power version, the accord doesn't have all the neccesary wires to run all four angles of movement, so you'll have to choose which way you want up/down or left/right. I'm not sure if this is a curable fault with these but I have heard there is that problem. If you go with manual mirrors by all means you won't have problems. The lines won't be exactly right unless you mold the fiberglass in but it'll be close. That is all sorry you had a rough day. If you want some new fenders Jason is running a gb at GF for fenders that look like this. they will be $199.00 shipped. http://www.dnaracing.net/private/misc/vent_001.jpg

actually wolf, you heard some one else say that, and THEY were wrong for saying. CALI responded to that guy and said that there were enough wires and he has all functions in his mirrors...but I forgive you

unfortunatly, the picture that I provided that has the mirrors OFF the car, do what pinoy said. but the ones that I have, just stay off and blink when the blinker is turned on.

Wolfman
01-15-2004, 11:00 PM
thanks for correcting me man It had been a while since I saw that post, never knew Cali had said that it was not ture. Anyway I'm curious, whats exactly off on the mounting bracket, because from what I can tell from the picture, the chrome looking accent peice is covered a little bit by the mounting bracket. Its not real clear on whats the issue, atleast from what i can find. Is it a complicated matter that requires some shop work or can it be done by anyone to fix the overlapping or whatever causes it to not line up flush?

to answer creme of the crops question yes that price is for a pair shipped with mesh included. Just needs to be primed and prepped. Then painted. go to galantforums.com to find out more details.

TITAN
01-15-2004, 11:24 PM
thanks for correcting me man It had been a while since I saw that post, never knew Cali had said that it was not ture. Anyway I'm curious, whats exactly off on the mounting bracket, because from what I can tell from the picture, the chrome looking accent peice is covered a little bit by the mounting bracket. Its not real clear on whats the issue, atleast from what i can find. Is it a complicated matter that requires some shop work or can it be done by anyone to fix the overlapping or whatever causes it to not line up flush?

to answer creme of the crops question yes that price is for a pair shipped with mesh included. Just needs to be primed and prepped. Then painted. go to galantforums.com to find out more details.

What would be needed is some major sanding. or a little cut made along that top edge and then sanding to smooth it. the cutting of course would be to cut down on the time it took to sand. I would recommend going to a body shop for that...

Actually, when you get your fender blended in, just see if you can have them throw it in there at the same time. the body shop im going to said they would do it for the side thats jacked, and Id pay for the other. but %50 is better than %100.

and wolfman, I have been searching everywhere with my extremely slow connection here, and cant find anything about those fenders on galantforums.com do you think you could just post the link to the thread and that would help out tremendously

TITAN
01-15-2004, 11:31 PM

http://www.galantforums.com/phpBB2/viewtop...bd4e4c0dc60e0f7 ('http://www.galantforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=181&start=0&sid=fbec6418429bf248fbd4e4c0dc60e0f7')

The 99 Galant
01-16-2004, 12:07 AM
hey how much was it for them mirrors. And thats for the left and right, correct. I like the mirrors. Paypal anyone? HOw about next Friday?

TITAN
01-16-2004, 12:10 AM
they are mine and as you saw in the first post, they are $55 shipped, BBUUUUTTTT, oscar the boxer has first dibs on them since this is his post. When he decides, I will let you know.

all info you need on them is in this post, but still feel free to ask a question if you need to

The 99 Galant
01-16-2004, 12:12 AM
ok, these mirror you say don't have the 4 direction angling but have wires for 2. Well what colors would the wires be. I need to find one of them DIY manuals for an 8G. Also how would you wire it to your headlights and where a good place to splice it into the headlight wires?

Wolfman
01-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the post about the modding. I am workign on getting some long led m3 style mirrors made up nd actually have a GB getting ready to start on them so I think I'll just wait and see what happens with that. Sorry about not getting the link posted quickly enough but i see you found it. If the company falss short or somethign happens that requires us to have something met that we can't do we'll get a good deal on the 94-97 accord power mirrors so that getting them modded won't be a terrible expense for everyone.

TITAN
01-16-2004, 12:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The 99 Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok, these mirror you say don't have the 4 direction angling but have wires for 2. Â*Well what colors would the wires be. Â*I need to find one of them DIY manuals for an 8G. Â*Also how would you wire it to your headlights and where a good place to splice it into the headlight wires?</div>

ok, NO, they have all directional functions. I believe the wires are red green black and white.

if you take off your wheel and pull back the fenderwell, you can find the wire loom in there. get a volt-tester and turn on your headlights/blinkers and touch the prongs to each wire and find which ones are hot while it is on(reads 12 volts on tester) or, go to the headlight and follow the wire back into an inconspiciuous(hidden) place in the loom. make sure to test it again for 12 volts before you split to make sure you didnt slip up and maybe got the wrong wire or something to that effect.

then, TURN OFF LIGHTS and then get to work.

easy, huh??

oscar the boxer
01-16-2004, 11:59 AM
damn....I am thinking about going through insurence for this shit so I am not real sure if I can take the mirrors, however if they do bolt right up without any sanding then I do want them....

2nd...I just want to say thanks to everyone who has posted here trying to help me out... its kinda of weird but reading what everyone has posted actually made me feel better about fucking my car up...so once again, THANKS!

I have sent you a pm bout the fenders, let me know if you get it.

oscar the boxer
01-16-2004, 05:13 PM
forget the insurence company...my deductable is 1000, I am interested in bolth the mirrors and the fenders. What kind of mirrors are on that gray car with the fenders, they are tight as hell!

cremeofthecrop
01-16-2004, 06:29 PM
for the sake of clarity as i too am interested in those fenders are we paying for the fender inserts that we have to get molded onto our car and body work done or the whole pairof fenders to bolt onto the car as is, prime and paint??????

Wolfman
01-16-2004, 07:24 PM
I answer your question oscar the boxer, I'm not sure what type of mirrors those are. I have a feeling they are JDM but thats just me. As far as the fender go and this is directed to everyone interested in them. The fenders are being sold as a pair that you can bolt on directly once you get a shop to sand, prime coat it , base coat it and then clear coat it. There are no molding needed just preppign and painting and then get the shop to bolt it on. It'll take a little while to get, like two months for manufacturing but that faster we get the names down, the faster we can have them done. It includes the mesh in the vent so you won't need to purchaise it. It'll be $19 up front paid to Prophet and the paypal info or mailing info is on the page TITAN has provided. Follow those instructions. As for the mirrors I'll ask around and see if I can turn up what kinda mirrors they are.

The 99 Galant
01-18-2004, 12:16 PM
so are the mirrors still up for sale or what?

Wolfman
01-18-2004, 12:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The 99 Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>so are the mirrors still up for sale or what?</div>
which ones?

The 99 Galant
01-18-2004, 09:24 PM
the one's TITAN is selling. He said they'd be up for Oscar first and then if he didn't i could have dibs on them?

The 99 Galant
01-18-2004, 09:27 PM
the one's TITAN is selling. He said they'd be up for Oscar first and then if he didn't i could have dibs on them?

TITAN
01-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Hey guys, instead of getting info from someone else, just go directly to the page...

http://www.galantforums.com/phpBB2/viewtop...bd4e4c0dc60e0f7 ('http://www.galantforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=181&start=0&sid=fbec6418429bf248fbd4e4c0dc60e0f7')

Although there are now 5 pages, I would recommend getting there NOW to read up so that in 2-3 weeks when there are 7-8 pgs, it wont seem like such a hassle. Right now all your questions will be answered on pretty much every page, after today, who knows??? Could be a bunch of people asking the same questions as on the first 5 pages!!!!

And oscar the boxer told me on Saturday that he would talk with his better half and let me know today or manana about the mirrors.

oscar the boxer
01-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks wolf, I have one more ?. I have a GTZ and as you know they have a molding that goes across the bottom of the car. I didnt see this molding on the picture of the fenders that was provided to me. I do want the fenders but something tells me that these are not made specifically for the GTZ. Hit me back and let me know.....Thanks

TITAN
01-19-2004, 11:01 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oscar the boxer)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks wolf, I have one more ?. Â*I have a GTZ and as you know they have a molding that goes across the bottom of the car. Â*I didnt see this molding on the picture of the fenders that was provided to me. Â*I do want the fenders but something tells me that these are not made specifically for the GTZ. Hit me back and let me know.....Thanks</div>

hey ascar, I just asked that question over on the other site. so check out the link i just provided and folow it from there.

oscar the boxer
01-19-2004, 06:44 PM
the link you provided wont log me in for some reason... :?

Wolfman
01-19-2004, 07:36 PM
www.galantforums.com Register there and then go to groupbuy section and then the thread about fenders started by Prophet (Jason)