PDA

View Full Version : engine noise while accelerating.

peewee481
01-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Sometimes when i drive my engine makes a burbling,light growling noise when i press the accelerator and the engine feels like it's working harder with more friction and when i depress the accelerator the noise goes away and then there are times when the engine runs smooth and quiet.The engine use to be quiet all the time.I need someone to give me a clue on what the problem is or might be. (knocking,pinging,valvetrain,gas,o2 sensor ,cat conv.,muffler,ecu,cv joints,etc.,)

p.s. depending on startup the engine might be noisy and rough during the whole drive or it might be smooth and quiet.

pinoyesv6
01-15-2004, 10:08 PM
im kinda confused by what you mean when u say depress.

do you mean depress like unpress, let go of the pedal...

or do u mean depress like you push it down more.

2000GTZ
01-16-2004, 08:21 PM
just wondering, do you have any pics of your car with the endeavor rims? =)

peewee481
01-17-2004, 09:26 PM
No,not yet i have to invest in a digital camera.When i said depress i mean to let off the accelerator.I got alot of compliments on the rims.I was told that it looks better on the galant than the endeavor,especially when the whole car is clean and shiny.

Lazarus
01-18-2004, 10:39 AM
When you say noise do you mean playing through your speakers or coming through the actual engine noise?

peewee481
01-18-2004, 05:20 PM
engine noise.

pinoyesv6
01-18-2004, 08:23 PM
do u have a check engine light when the car acts weird??

peewee481
01-19-2004, 09:23 PM
The engine light doesn't trip off but,today the car ran real smooth and quiet even after i was doing 120 because another brother in a silver galant was tailing me at about 5 feet in the left lane on the taconic pkwy here in New york.I lost him and the rest of the rat pack instantly and isolated myself in the middle lane cruising at 75 smoothly.Yesterday,the car ran like shyt with the metallic pink,pink sound when i accelerate with a slight power surge.Maybe i need a tune-up,I don't know.

cremeans2326
01-20-2004, 02:06 PM
i have a 99 v6 and mine does it too. it sounds kind of like water bubbling in the firewall, am i right??? anyway, i can't tell if it's water trapped in the vent holes in the top next to the wipers, or if it's something more serious, but mine has been doing it for about 20000, and i've never seen a check engine or anything like that. so maybe someone else will know what it is. it's just one of my annoying noises my car makes!!!

peewee481
01-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Nah,I definitely don't think that it's because of water trapped at the spot you we're talking about because when i let off the accelerator the noise stops.I don't know,maybe the timing is off or i need a tune-up,I'm at 114700 miles.The last tune-up i had was at 64000 miles.I just don't want the run-around and waste money trying to fix the problem.I'm trying to pinpoint it.