PDA

View Full Version : thumping and sqealing

Import_Beast
01-20-2004, 06:40 PM
there a load thumping noise and sqealing noise coming from my car....it olny happens when im driving...for example i put her in drive and when i let go of the gas it starts thumping it sounds like its comeing from the driver side whell or under the car, when i took it to goodyear the guy said the sqealing is my brakes and the thumping is my bearings....what do you guys think it is .... i dont know if i wanna trust the guy beacause he looked like he didnt know wat it was but he said it the bearings ....... thankz :cry:

Import_Beast
01-20-2004, 07:41 PM
alright so i went outside with the ol man and I opened the cap on the rim that hides the lug nut, and one of the lug nuts was so loose i took it off with my hand but it wont go back in all the way ,the second one was jammed, the third one work fine and the last one the lug nut came off with the stud without me even touching it .....which is kinda weird because the last time i touched the lug nuts was 25 miles after i got them rotated about a month ago.....the sqealing was the top of the caliper grinding against the rim....im going to fix it tommorow .... what do you guys think could have caused this??

rfpa1
01-21-2004, 12:15 PM
1) Probably at the place were they rotated the tires tighthen them to much. They use the air tools.

when I do rotations, i allways ask for hand tighthening and the right torque. I have a label in the trunk with the information and the guys already know me for been a pain in the ??????? for this.