PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help.....

Wolfman
01-20-2004, 07:22 PM
I don't own coilovers so I'm not sure how they adjust....... My friend however just bought a 92 honda prelude that was already lowered by eibach ground control coilovers. There wasn't a wrench or what not included, but I was curious if these gc's are universally about the same when it comes to adjusting. So where do they need to be adjusted, the top or bottom. And also was curious where I might be able to get a hold of the wrenches needed to adjust em.

pinoyesv6
01-20-2004, 07:59 PM
i rmember whole back eibach having advertisements about coilovers that can be adjusted by hand. no wrenches needed. could be one of those.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Ground Control kits have the exclusive on-hand locking perch. Just one hand loosens for easy adjustment, then clamps tightly around the adjuster to keep dirt, sand, and salt from jamming the threads</div>

speaking of the adjustment, you turn the nut looking thing and it slides up and down the sleeve, or the adjuster to raise and lower the spring. its the only place to adjust the height.

try taking off the wheel and seeing how everything works.

COgalant
01-20-2004, 10:22 PM
I have the Ground Control coilovers and you dont even have to take off the wheel to see everything. All you need to do is raise the car so that most of, if not all of the spring is showing. There is a yellow spindle looking thing that has a slot where you can tighten and untighten it by wrench to raise or lower your ride height. Go to any local Lowes or Home Depot and they should have the specific wrench size you are looking for.

Wolfman
01-20-2004, 11:20 PM
haha I just looked at it today..... they are probably as low as can possibly be. luckily though I could make out that he got KYB shocks with them..... The damn think is so dirty and I can barely get my finger under there. Looks liek I'm gonna need to wash off the dirt and take the wheel off to even have a chance of adjusting it.....

2True
01-21-2004, 01:56 AM
If they are GC you will need an allen wrench to loosen the perch before you can turn it. Not sure what size though :? sorry