PDA

View Full Version : Clean Corners Disaster

ThaKiDThaTWinS
09-20-2002, 10:07 AM
Ok well my skills suck...i tried to clear my corners and screwed it all up...well let me describe...i got into a minor minor accident that only broke one clip holder on my grill. the top left clip its just broken off but all the other clips are good...so in attempting to take the grille off i broke one other clip...just the clip notthe clip holder...so eventually i took all of it off cleared the corners and put it back on...Now as i put the grille back on...i only have the center clip holding and just one other in the corner...and my left headlight has a gap from the front bumper of about a finger width. And i actually have a screw that in no way in hell can i put back in...i have no idea how the hell i got it out...my headlights are mounted correctly (except for that gap) and my grille is loose...someone pleaseee help me..im having babies over here...thanks for any help you can give

Fishboy55
09-20-2002, 10:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaKiDThaTWinS)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok well my skills suck...i tried to clear my corners and screwed it all up...well let me describe...i got into a minor minor accident that only broke one clip holder on my grill. the top left clip its just broken off but all the other clips are good...so in attempting to take the grille off i broke one other clip...just the clip notthe clip holder...so eventually i took all of it off cleared the corners and put it back on...Now as i put the grille back on...i only have the center clip holding and just one other in the corner...and my left headlight has a gap from the front bumper of about a finger width. And i actually have a screw that in no way in hell can i put back in...i have no idea how the hell i got it out...my headlights are mounted correctly (except for that gap) and my grille is loose...someone pleaseee help me..im having babies over here...thanks for any help you can give</div>

You can buy replacement clips at the dealer. They're not very expensive from what I've heard. When putting them in, put the clips in the grill first, and then mount the grill into the holders. As far as your gap goes, something isn't installed right if you didn't have the gap before you started. Make sure the headlights are fully seated before you tighten any of the bolts. You may have to sort of jimmy it in to make it fit correctly. I had to do that on my drivers side but it eventually went all the way in. Also make sure you aren't clamping the wiring harness, which may also explain your gap. Hope that helps.

Chip

ThaKiDThaTWinS
09-20-2002, 10:19 AM
i tried to jimmy the headlight but it can go down..but then when i bolt it on it rises right back to the gap...

pinoyesv6
09-20-2002, 03:17 PM
another tip isn't to put the bolts on one by one. put one in loose and then put the other one in loose and etc. when u get them all in then u can tighten them.

Supernova
09-20-2002, 03:24 PM
We(me and my dad) bought a pack of 6 clips for, i think, $9. i could very well be wrong. But it wasn't that cheap... We broke a few of them putting the grill back on.

TJC
09-20-2002, 07:20 PM
TIP: I believe the clips come out by pushing on a center pin in the middle of the clip. Also be careful to note that some clips go in horizontal and some vertical. You may have to test it on the body first to know which way they should go then remove them and put them all on the grill the correct way and as others have said, the whole thing then goes in all at the same time.

As for the fitment of the headlights, YES, they need to be wiggled in all the way first. Mine where also a little tight and weird when I put them back in. Just make sure they go all the way in and hold it in place and double check that all screw holes line up first before even putting the first screw in. Next as Pinoy says, put all of the screws in half way so you get everything lined up. Lastly, tighten all of them down. Good luck!

Supernova
09-20-2002, 07:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>TIP: I believe the clips come out by pushing on a center pin in the middle of the clip. Also be careful to note that some clips go in horizontal and some vertical. You may have to test it on the body first to know which way they should go then remove them and put them all on the grill the correct way and as others have said, the whole thing then goes in all at the same time.</div>

I just turned and pulled out the clips. And be sure to put the clips in the grill before you put the grill back on. Don't put them in the place where the grilll goes when you put the grill on. It breakes the clips... :?

Lazarus
09-20-2002, 10:12 PM
I think the Way we did it at a meet was just to take a clothes Hanger and bend the end straight to push the little pins out. I used a volt meter prong to take mine off the first one I had anyay. If all else fails then you can get the JDM Piece from Erebuni. Or just check the Junk Yard for another one