PDA

View Full Version : 8g Love

CT_GalantV6
01-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Well after NOT driving my G much since Sept 03, only 200miles or so (In garage for winter). I took her out yesterday (not snowing and roads are dry) for a little spin. I almost forgot how much I love my G. After driving around in a slower than slow 1.5 I4 Eagle Summit, the 3.0 v6 was a welcome change ( for about a hour) then it was back into the garage with her for more winter sleepies. Anyway, I know its not a 10sec car or anything but, my god the power(being about 10 degrees outside helps, talk about cold air intake!!!). It was so nice to be able to go up a hill over 25-30 mph. It was a nice reminder to myself why I bought the G to begine with.

Before you ask, No engine mods. Just a cone filter for intake.

Galant01
01-25-2004, 12:47 PM
well, thats a V6 for you. I have a I4 and its slow as balls, but my friends say that it has some pickup. Well yea, it does when I take the chromies off and put the steelies on.

peanotation
01-25-2004, 12:54 PM
yeah, and you have the fastest V6, the ES, sitting in Jet Blak's when he accelerates is fun as hell

Danger DANJ
01-25-2004, 03:54 PM
I know the feeling. My G is parked for the winter, but since the first snow fall, I have taken it out twice. I almost forgot what it was like to drive it. For the winter I'm driving a 1988 Buick LeSabre with a 3.8l 6cyl. engine. It has alot of power, but it doesn't have anywhere near the pickup that my ES V6 G has. Also, after driving the Buick for a while then driving the G, it's amazing how much better my G handles and how rough the ride is. It's literally night and day.