PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody using a Tein coilover damper kit??

akiraflux
01-25-2004, 04:41 PM
I've been looking around and have yet to see anybody using these and i'm kinda wondering why?

seems to me buying the basics for 800 it only a hair more expensive than progress or similar springs and kyb shocks...

BlankMan
01-25-2004, 04:54 PM
I do belive these were only recently released - so you're not going to find alot of rides with them right away...compounding that is the fact that, again, they are not made specifically for the galant. It'd be a shame to pony up $1000 and find a subtle difference or 2 that causes issues on the galant.

You could be the first and report on the fitment, ride and quality 8)

If you look over at club 3g you'll find more people with these installed.

J

akiraflux
01-25-2004, 05:32 PM
you think there's any reason these wouldn't work on an 8g? i mean...everything else suspension wise works perfectly (albeit drop sizes aren't the same due to weight/body)

BlankMan
01-25-2004, 05:57 PM
I don't see any obvious reason they would not work - but then I don't have first hand experience with them and am only going from what I have read on the 3g rides and also keeping in mind almost every other 3g eclipse spring, strut or coilover are 99% direct bolt-ons for the 8g galant.

I do have TEIN springs and am VERY satisfied with them. IMO, they ride better than eibach and sprint.

I'm telling you man - be the first... :wink:

J

akiraflux
01-25-2004, 07:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't see any obvious reason they would not work - but then I don't have first hand experience with them and am only going from what I have read on the 3g rides and also keeping in mind almost every other 3g eclipse spring, strut or coilover are 99% direct bolt-ons for the 8g galant.

I do have TEIN springs and am VERY satisfied with them. Â*IMO, they ride better than eibach and sprint.

I'm telling you man - be the first... Â*:wink: Â*

J</div>

things are in the works... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif i refuse to get just springs as i want to raise it in the winter then slam it back down in the summer

Wolfman
01-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Danger DanJ just ordered the Tein SS Damper for his ride. ask him about it. Not sure if hes installed it yet or tested it since its still winter in New York.

Danger DANJ
01-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I ordered them last Monday, but haven't received them yet. I ordered the SS-P dampers. They are the same as the SS Dampers except they come with pillow ball upper mounts. There is no reason why they shouldn't fit. As far as the drop being different between the Eclipse and Galant, if there is any, it won't be much at all. I mean they are made for both the I4 and V6 Eclipse which have weight differences themselves. Comparing my '99 ES V6 to a '00 Eclipse V6, the weight difference is only 3140 lbs. to 3053 lbs. respectively. That's only a difference of 87 lbs. Then add in factors that make a car heavier, like a sound system and body kits, and weight will be different. I gaurantee that I can find a V6 Eclipse out there somewhere that weighs more than my Galant does. Anyway, I'm not worried about fitment or any other issues.